This Disappears When Logged In

ATB Breeding

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by kik, Feb 9, 2012.

1. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hello !

Ive seen questions about breeding ATB. I bred mine last year successfully... The results was 20 babies born just with one female !!!

How did I proceed :

Before the reproduction :

Food -->Between September until the breeding period, I feed the female more to prepare her for the gestation. When I reduce the temperature, I feed only every three weeks because the digestion is slower.

Temperature and lighting --> Then, during two months (January and February), the temperature go down from 29-30 to 28°C-29°C for the hot spot (daytime) and 20°C-21°C for the hot spot (nighttime). It's important not to reduce too much the temperature during the day because of the digestion. It's necessary to change the day/night cycle (lighting). Usually for me is 13 hours for the days and during this period I reduce to 10 hours only. The changes have to be made progressively.

Humidity --> It necessary to raise the humidity... The best is to have several pics of humidity (90%-100%) and not go less than 70%.

After these two months, in March, I raise the temperature again and keep a normal humidity (a little bit dryer). The changes have to be made also progressively. Then it depends on your snakes :p

for me it worked :

dsc01401e.jpg

Last year, the post ovulation shed was the 16th May and babies are borne the 23th September (130 days later).

dsc03452d.jpg

During the gestation, it's good to give to the female a normal hot spot (29-30°C) and a warmer hot spot (31-32). In my case, the female almost stop eating completely (just 3-4 times) during the gestation and was always on the warmer hot spot.

If youve any questions, just ask...

PS. Sorry for my english :/

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Definitely sounds like it is a big preparation prior to breeding! Well worth it I'm sure, and 20 babies, that is a lot of mouths to feed;)

P.S.
    Your english is great by the way!

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Looks like you've got it down pretty well. Those babies are quite charming!

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks for the info. You did really good with that and it seems like it paid off. Great pics! My dream is to someday breed GTPs but I'm a few years away from it. Always willing to learn though, good post! :)

5. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Yeah breed GTPS is one of my wishes but I'm also a few years away from it.... We have to be patient...

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Yup for now every little guy I get I tell my wife is to "build on the breeding stock" ;) Gives me an excuse to get more!

7. GoldDust

GoldDust Well-Known Member

Joey, I do the same thing! lol.
    But wow, those are some great looking snakes. And like others said, always cool to learn something new! ;)