This Disappears When Logged In

Article: New additions to Nehru Zoological Park

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Desiree, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desiree

Desiree Subscribed User Premium Member

If this article references green iguanas:

I found this a bit amusing since here in the states we dont' seem to have problem with iguanas breeding successfully.

The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : New additions to Nehru Zoological Park

"In fact, it is the successful Iguana breeding programme, which is helping the Nehru zoo officials in exchange of new animals. "Every zoological park in the country is on the lookout for Iguanas because of their rarity. ," said Nehru Zoological Park Director P. Bhaskar Reddy. "

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

That is pretty amusing as I don't see green iguanas as being rare! LOL, If thats the case then I am sitting on a gold mine! (hysterically laughing now)
    They have got to be talking about a diffrent species of Iguana!

3. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Well, according to the zoo's website at Reptile House, they have the following reptiles on display:
    "Green Iguana, Python, Russell's Viper, Saw scaled Viper,Bamboo pit Viper, Banded Krait, Common Cobra, Common Rat Snake, King Cobra, Russell's Sand Boa, John's earth Boa, Green whip Snake, Chequered Keel Back, Wolf Snake, Bronze backed tree snake, Chameleon and several other Lizards."

So unless they are breeding another type of iguana that they do not have on display (or unless the "several other lizards" include some sort of iguana), it seems they are referring to the green iguana...

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Its says "another species of iguanas". But who knows. Would be interesting to find out.

5. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Ahh, I get it now, Marsha. My reading comprehension is sub-par today, apparently...

6. venus

venus Founding Member

LOL...yea but I had to read it 2-3 times to get it right :|

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I decided to do a bit of searching now that I have made my way to this post, and i do believe they are referring to the "Green Iguana".

Apparently, "Green Iguanas" are an endangered species by what I found.

I am a little skeptical if they have any "real" zoo curators. Calling the Green Iguana an endangered species is like saying German Shepherds are an endangered species.

This is what I found:

The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Sixteen hatchlings for endangered iguana

I better run down to the petstore, buy all of the 20+ green iguanas in that zone, and start selling them overseas to all the countries that consider them endangered. Between the 30+ petstores I could easily get to in the surrounding towns, I could likely get my hands on hundreds! I could make a bundle!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.