This Disappears When Logged In

Aries the Rosy Boa Eating (:

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by ariesmommy, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

2. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

how do they do that!? thats just wicked sick!
    [​IMG]

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice, glad that she is gobbling up her food for you!

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Awesome, finally she eats!

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Oh I see you got it! Nevermind my other post then on your other thread lol. He's handsome, love the colors. If you think that's crazy now at just a pinky, wait until he's eating adult mice with that little head! That is amazing to watch. :)

6. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

Thanks everybody! Im so glad he's finally eating too! If he hadnt of started eating he would have been force-fed and that can tear stuff :) thanks for all the suggestions and taking your time for a stranger like me :) i appreciate it alot and so does he :)

7. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Glad to see he is eating on his own! Good job!

8. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

thanks bucher70 :) i know alot of people were worried and had alot of reasons of why he wouldnt eat. im just so glad i had people to turn to even if it was only at night. they were there. thats all that matter :) have u seen the pics of the ball python??? beautiful. got him/her thursday

9. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad you got the picture upload figured out...I love the coloring...(and yes, it is truly amazing how they can eat prey that is so much larger than their mouth...first time I witnessed my own doing that I was SOOOOO shocked...lol)

10. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

yea i finally figured it out. thanks. hes a beautiful snake i just wish he would come out more.

11. DarkMagician207

Some Rosys wander around more than others so you may see him more or you may not. Every now and then I see mine out wandering around in his tank but for the most part he's perfectly happy to stay burrowed under his bedding or in his hide box. He is alot more calm and docile than my Corns though so when someone is interested in holding one of my snakes, he's the one I get out and since he's also smaller than them he's less intimidating to people. :)

12. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

he got out today and wondered around ALLLLLLL day. his skin is looking funny...you know when you get a sunburn then the skin starts ravelling up? thats what his looks like in some places...especially on his belly so he should shed soon :) My mother in law (was terrified and still is a little bit) finally held him a week or so before we got him to eat. we kinda just let go of the rest of his body when she wasnt paying attention and was talkin to my husband lol. she talked like that for about 3 or 4 minutes and when she looked down she about flipped...i told her "youve stood there for that long holding him by yourself now dont you sling him to the ceiling" needless to say she has no problem holding him now. but as for the ball python lol yea right...not even gonna attempt to get her to hold that one :)

13. DarkMagician207

He may very well shed soon, so if he doesn't eat when he's due to next it might be why. When you do find the shed, make sure the eye caps shed off as well. Sometimes with Chaos, since he loves to burrow so much, I don't always catch him when he's "in the blue" and don't find the shed until a couple days later because he left it under the bedding.

My younger cousin wasn't entirely comfortable with snakes either but she wanted to hold one of my snakes for a project so I gave her Chaos and after a little while she got comfortable enough and they got a picture of her holding him while reading a book. It was cute. It never would have worked with my squirmy, wiggly and active corns. :D

14. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

the last time aries shed it was cute when we came home. balled up in a ball sitting right next to the skin. we walked in and he looked up like look what i did :) it was so cute then he tucked his head back where it was. i have that pic in his album on here :)

15. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

After 13 years it still shocks me. LOL

Glad to see Aries is feeding now. He is a very pretty rosy. Congrats. :)

16. DarkMagician207

They are cuties. :)

17. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

thank you very much :)

18. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

we put the bark back in his cage since that obviously wasnt the reason he wouldnt eat. stupid vet people. anyways hopefully he will shed tonight or maybe he did last night i dont know yet :) his skin was very wrinkled when he would move and he moves very slow now but maybe its because were used to seeing the ball python move now i dont know. never eally paid attention the the speed he would move. its been forever since hes come out and moved around besides the other day. well see what happens.

19. DarkMagician207

It can take several days for them to go through the shedding process. Their color gets dull or "blue" as do their eye caps for a little while then it clears up and it seems like they have already shed and you wonder where the shed even is lol and then after they clear up again they'll shed. The weekend before last, I noticed Chaos was in the blue and by last weekend he was cleared up again but I didn't find the shed. I put him in the bin with his mouse and he started eating so I let him eat. Covered his bin with his towel and went to check on him a little later and he had started shedding in his bin! Waited for him to finish then put him away. :)

20. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

his eyes havent changed yet but hes having trouble climbing on the side of the tank. instead of smoothly gliding across it hes sticking to it and jerking every time his skin touches it. he was out all day today so im wondering if he is hungry again. i think our ball python is too because she gets out a lot then goes back in her hidey hole then does laps again. so i dont know. were gonna try to feed them again probably weds of next week. its the only day we can go get some food for them. glad he shed for ya :) i wish i could watch him shed. that seems like it would be cool :)