This Disappears When Logged In

Argentine X Colombian Boa?

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by SnakeAndBat, Jun 30, 2013.

1. SnakeAndBat

SnakeAndBat Active Member

I'm getting an Argentine x Colombian boa tomorrow and it's my first boa, I own a Ball Python and Kingsnake. So what do I need to know about this (heat, environment, etc.)? I'm getting it because I looked once and said "I gotta have it" but of course I just want to make sure there isn't something I'm going to miss.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

3. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

4. SnakeAndBat

Yeah it kinda is. But luckily it's not a Brazilian Rainbow Boa or a Tree Boa so it's not like one thing off is gonna upset everything.

5. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I think that we should strive to make sure everything is as perfect as we can make it. Even low maintenance snakes deserve the best we can give them.

6. Merlin

Confusing? How so?

7. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

The information is sort of scattered. The divisions are not clear, It is hard to find the specifics like exact humidity, temps ect.
    I just found it a little drawn out with what I would consider fluff instead of solid info.

8. Merlin

But the reasoning is we want to give people a little more background information on the species and why things are done as they are. We want them to actually read the caresheet as opposed to just looking at a chart.
    Not just "keep it at "x" temperature and "x" humidity." Most of the quick and dirty caresheets like the petstores give you are lacking in this info and people get into the mindset of, well if X is ok than Y is pretty close so we can do that instead.
    We want to get them thinking!

9. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I appreciate that but it just was a bit overwhelming. the corn snake care sheet is not like this. I read the whole thing I did not skim it. afterwards when I could not remember a piece of info I had read, it was extremely frustrating trying to find it again.

My biggest complaint is that there is no mention of what actual humidity should be. in the text it says high but I have no idea what high humidity translates to. Also most of the general population is going to skim this article (whether you want them to or not) If it had been my article I would have broken the sections down further.

I am not trying to be a jerk I just found it a little obtuse and I read textbooks for fun. Sorry if I offended anyone.

10. SnakeAndBat

I'm gonna make a new thread with pics of my new boa if you guys are interested.