This Disappears When Logged In

Apprenticeship

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by wakereptiles, Nov 27, 2011.

1. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

I am currently trying to find someone in the North Carolina Area or within traveling distance to do an apprenticeship with breeding and caring for venomous snakes. I would like to start my own breeding and educational program in the future. I have had experience in catch and release of copperheads and rattlesnakes where I live. I have owned snakes all my life and this is something I am very passionate about and any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

2. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Not sure how close you are to the North Carolina Zoo but they have some venomous snakes there including copperheads, cottonmouths and several species of rattlesnake. There is a link to volunteer on their website. NC Zoo™ - North Carolina Zoo : Zoo Homepage A zoo would be my suggestion or perhaps if there is a university by you that has a veterinary program, they might work with a vet clinic with services for venomous reptiles (I know that UF does, but that is a little far from where you are!).

3. mynameisyours

mynameisyours Member

See if the local people or city needs help removing venomous snakes from their yards.

4. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

i'm guessing your in wake county by your user name; how close are you to down town Raleigh? the natural science museum has a bunch of venomous snakes in the living collections department. They take volunteers. good luck!

5. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

Actually I am located in Macon County, I went with Wake Reptiles because that is my last name. But I do thank you for the information because this is something I am more than willing to travel to find. Thanks again.