This Disappears When Logged In

Anyone Use a Pro-Heat Radiant Panel?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by tmw1093, Aug 10, 2010.

1. tmw1093

tmw1093 Active Member

The guy I talked to at Pro-Products said that I would not even need a basking bulb if I used one of them. He said that it provides the perfect gradient for any reptile, depending on what size you get, and that they could bask just by moving closer to the panel. Is this true? Has anyone ever heard this before or use it in their setup?

2. bighog85

bighog85 Elite Member

I use them in all of my enclosures and they are awesome. Bob really knows what he is talking about so you can trust him and what he tells you. I heat everything from my four foot cages up to my eight foot retic cages, no need for any other form of heating. Talk to him and tell him exactly what your setup is and he will set you up. They are kind of expensive but they absolutely pay for themselves because they are more efficient and they last forever. The only time I use a bulb of any sort is in my monitor cages to create really hot basking spots, but that isn't necessary because the panels can do it. You should have no doubts about using these things. They are really, really worth it.

3. tmw1093

tmw1093 Active Member

Awesome! I was kind of skeptical because it seemed almost too good to be true. I think I'll talk to him again once I really get the ball rolling on the cage I'm building, and see if he can set me up. It always better to have that responsibility of picking the right thing in somebody else's hands!

4. tmw1093

tmw1093 Active Member

One more question though: Do the panels provide uvb and uva as well? Would I need something else for that?

5. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

That was kinda of my question too! Is this just a heating element or does it produce UVA/UVB also?

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They are simply a heating element. No light is produced.
    Think "electric blanket"

7. bighog85

bighog85 Elite Member

Right, no light at all. That is the reason that I use a lighted basking spot for my monitors. They recognize the lights as the hot spot and then the panel provides the ambient temps and gradient.