This Disappears When Logged In

anyone know....

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by MIke_Haare, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

anyone know where I can get a 65 gallon GLASS TANK online? I've gone to petsmart petco lllreptils and they all are screen cages

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Mike, check local classifieds and garage sells. Thats gonna be the cheapest route.
    There are several online retailers, but after shipping your looking at a pretty hefty price tag. If its a horizontal tank its easy to refab it into a vertical one, if thats the case Ill show ya how.

3. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

nope in the newspapers I won't get anything and money won't be a big problem I won't be needing it for like 2 month for I can sex my crested good (he/she is only four months old) and I never can find fish tanks in garage sales well mybe a 10 gallon but a 65 gallon you'd be out of your mine but anyway I'll look and can ya tell me the retailers I'll probley have better luck with them

4. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Family and Friends are always a good idea too.

Thats where I got the current tank that Im working on. I was home building my mom a turtle pond and the neighbor came over asking if we needed an extra tank or two, well he had 10 in his garage and said we could take all of them. Unfortunately there was only three that were salvagable :mad: , hard water stains stink.

5. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

yea my uncle makes fish tanks and stuff in his free time I might ask him and I'm going to look at the paper once I'm done wrighting this

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Keep looking and when your done look some more. Did you try ebay? Just a thought.

7. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

LLLreptile sells vision cages. Which are mad of a solid back and a slideing door in front. The reptariums are made of glass too.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Reptariums are mesh cages.

9. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Mike,
    Looks like you are in the St Louis area. I hit the post dispatch's site and found three large tanks for sale in the classifieds. Classifieds can be great places to find tanks like this, exp if you don't need it water tight.

10. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

do ya think 48" x 28" x 18 will be enough room for 3 cresteds?it's a vison cage so it's glass it's about 20 inches plus compared to my 20 gallon I can by the bigger one and it's 54" W x 36" D x 18" H and then
    72" W x 28" D x 18" H and then 80" W x 28" D x 44" H and that's as big as they go (that's a lot of numbers)

11. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

anyone know???anyone!!!????

12. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

The bigger the better! :)

Just make sure the tank is orientated vertically with any of those. The first one will work, however 18" isnt much vertical room. You may want to redo the tank, like this: http://www.herpcenter.com/showthread.php?p=8664#post8664

Im not entirely familiar with vision cages, got a link?

13. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

14. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

are you telling me to but the last one that is $725.00 each ?????
    well always Christmas lol but that's two months oh wait then I can tell if my crested is a female or male good good good good(lol I've has too much sugar lol)

15. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

16. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

cool nevermind I'll just get the 70 gallon tall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.