This Disappears When Logged In

Anyone Know Where to Find a Scale That Measures in Grams?

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Melissa747, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Melissa747

Melissa747 Elite Member

My female anery sand boa is starting to get big. I'm curious as to how many grams she is as well as what my male is even though he is really tiny. I'll be moving in a few months and adding on to my sand boa collection. I may begin to breed not entirely sure but I do know I will need a scale.

2. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I am going to two petstores in nj off of route 22 tomorrow, i will check for you

3. Melissa747

Melissa747 Elite Member

Omg thanks so much!! Which pet stores are you going to?

4. diehardislanders

ocean gallery and pet shanty (north plainfield and scotch plains)

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I have a digital scale that I got from Walmart and it goes to 0.5 grams increments, it also can be set for ounces. It was less that $20.

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

The more accurate the scale the more expensive. A digital kitchen scale from target or wal-mart should do the trick, check the range to make sure it will suit your needs.

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This is also kind of weird, but a head shop/smoke shop will also have scales.

8. diehardislanders

the pet stores did not carry one. they both said that they go to harbor freight to buy their "snake" scales.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

If petshops did sell them they would double or triple the price because the petmarket is such a big thing now. You can buy the exact same products in some stores if they have the word "Pet" on them it's usually much more.

10. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

Postal scales - digital, and will go up to about three pounds. That's how I weigh my dragons.

11. aeral

aeral Elite Member

The postal scales are by far one of the most accurate and best.

12. Melissa747

Melissa747 Elite Member

I picked mine up at Walmart. :)