This Disappears When Logged In

Anyone Know What Morph This Is?

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Reptilegirl1, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Reptilegirl1

Reptilegirl1 Active Member

I was hoping someone could tell me what type of morph Tofu (my new California King Snake) is, I know he/she's albino, but the spots are throwing me off, cause they usually have stripes, right? He/she has red eyes, if that helps. :) I'm new to King snakes and he/she was in petsmart and I couldn't resist. So any advice you have would be great, too! :D (He/she isn't my first snake, though.) Thank you for your help! :)

Tofu 2.jpg Tofu 3.jpg Tofu 4.jpg Tofu 1.jpg

2. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Aberrant Albino (amelanistic)....Coastal Phase with the yellow....
    The only thing that is the truly recessive gene in your animal is the amelanism......

Nice

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is a pretty snake, thanks for sharing!:)

4. Reptilegirl1

Thank you both! :D He's got a very docile temperament, too. Had him out and about at petsmart and he was just chilling, not stressing at all.

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Nice snake!! Why does my Petsmart not get those???

6. Reptilegirl1

I don't know. I'd never seen one before at my petsmart (king snakes yes, but not albinos). That's why I was so intrigued.

7. TwiztedWitch

TwiztedWitch New Member

He's beautiful. I just got one VERY similar.. They told me she is a Lavender Albino. Mine is a deep yellow so I have been told that makes her a "banana" california king. My little girls markings are not stripes either, but random splotches. Also ruby eyes. I tried to post a pic, but the upload failed. Will post as soon as I have one that meets requirements..