This Disappears When Logged In

Anyone have a cat that is missing?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by caudalis_sa, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

WOW....i know this might upset a few but i thought it was cool! Dunno exactly where this pic was taken but you can see it is an east african gaboon...so i am assuming northen natal/ zulu land, South Africa. their range is very limited here

Haaahahahaha i think it is amazing...look at the other two looking on....shame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Well it kinda looks like a stray so the viper was just taking care of a feral problem lol. And WOW is that a fat snake!

3. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

I think the snake needs something to wash that meal down with

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hahaa! Great pics Dev

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hmmm....my neighbors have this really mean cat that attacks your ankles when you try to get inot your car...anyone have a big snake they can loan out? ;)

6. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

What is really creepy is the way the other cats are *watching*! It's like humans staring at a car wreck -- they just can't help it!

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Haha, I agree Amy, I think the other cats watching is what makes it so funny!

8. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

nice pic dev. hate to be that cat.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They are probably wondering who's next!

10. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow that is a beautiful snake...Do you thin he did some hissing prelude to hypnotize the cat, that woulda been a site :D

11. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I just keep hearing a deep scary voice..."Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! Muahahahahaha"

Interesting to say the least...I bet they have the same probs in Floriday with the Burm population growing down there....and not only cats but dogs too....

12. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

It's pretty neat to see a snake eating a cat, but what's really cool to me is that it's not a python like you'd expect. A gaboon viper eating a cat? That's insane. I bet that snake regretted eating something that size once it was time for it to come out the other end ;)

13. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

you would be surprised at the size of prey these guys can take in the wild.....

small duiker...monkeys.... lasts them a long time though...

but my question about this photo is....what happened to the snake? Hope it lived... but most probably got killed! :(

14. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

It might not have been. Maybe whoever took the picture was more of a dog person ;)

15. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

hahaha very funny...

but seriously large snakes like that are killed here for use in "traditional medicine" by tribe witchdocters known as sangomas. Although gaboons are protected along with african rock python....they still get killed as they are worth quite a bit!

16. Merlin

Or its possible that the snake belonged to the photographer!
    You would think that a wild snake would flee when a human came into the area.

17. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

If the snake does belong to the photographer, there is a good chance that he brought the snake out to bask and feed for free!

18. Merlin

Hmmmm I wonder if he would consider coming over here and taking care of the dratted cat that has decided that the area in the flowerbed directly under my living room window is its toilet?
    I'd even throw in a couple of frozen rats!

19. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i doubt it belonged to the photographer.... gaboons really don't flee from people...they are known to stay in the same place for days! Quite lazy buggers....there are even stories of people stepping on one and not getting bitten(not that i would try it :p)

plus i would never feed my snake a dirty old stray cat like that even if it did make a good photo...and was for free...lol

plus i have heard of other incidents of gaboons taking cats...never seen a photo before though

20. Paige

Paige Elite Member

Now That Is Why My Kitkat Walks On A Leash!!!! Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.