This Disappears When Logged In

Anybody good at distinguishing Crestie "morphs"?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus' started by BrownFoundling, Feb 9, 2015.

1. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

I've gotten some better pictures of Jasper but am having a hard time trying to decide if she is an extreme harlequin or a brindle. I do know that the coloration on her dorsal area is noticeably different than it is on her sides. My thoughts are leaning toward extreme harley.

She is not fully fired up in these shots and she is not as yellow as they look. Reds just wash out really badly with flash photography. The bottom shot is probably the closest to her actual colors. She is young enough that she has certainly not settled into her final coloration and may be still showing some hatchling red.

Anybody want to voice an opinion? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not sure what she is but she is very pretty!

BrownFoundling likes this.
  3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It's difficult to tell, but I'm leaning towards brindle.

4. BrownFoundling

That she is, Rich. :)

5. Geckokid

Geckokid Member

I would say tiger or flame.

6. BrownFoundling

Because I moved Jasper into a kritter keeper while I update her real home I was able to get some better pictures of her.
    20150210_023136.jpg This one shows some of the splotching on her belly. The next two show her left side and dorsal area.
    20150210_024311.jpg 20150210_024322.jpg
    I was quite surprised that her portholes are only two or three scales. I wonder if they will get larger or fade away as she grows.

Jflores likes this.
  7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

That is one B-E-A-Utiful looking crested, Looks like you got your self one amazing looking Brindle!!

BrownFoundling likes this.
  8. BrownFoundling

Her structure could be better (her crests sort of peter out into collections of enlarged scales just past her shoulders and her head is a touch narrow), but considering she was a Petco purchase that is not surprising. But ideal conformation or not I think she is lovely and look forward to a long time with her.

9. arojas7112

arojas7112 Established Member

Very very pretty!