This Disappears When Logged In

Another self-built terrarium

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by BlackJack, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

:eek: Thanks Jem, that's so sweet of you to say.
    I really enjoyed making the terrariums and setting them up. It was A LOT of work and it wasn't exactly cheap. Now that I know what I'm doing (more or less) I could make them more easily and waste less money.
    I don't plan on making any more at the moment. (I need to work on other projects and pay down my snake debt a bit first!!) :rolleyes:
    But who knows ...!!! (I see a baby rack in our future... well, about 5+ years down the road. :D )

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Snicker, snicker, snicker!
    Yeah right! ;)

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Great job Andrea.
    Well,there was a time when I said that my sinaloan will be the only snake.
    By the end of this year I will have 6 snakes ,lol!

4. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

how did you build this?? very nice gave me a few ideas whats the materials did you use to make this?? love it cant wait till my rainbow gets big enough for one of those.

5. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

looks great!

whats it made out of? laminated particleboard?

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It's made of MDF wood and lineoleum lining on the inside walls. The down-side of this enclosure is that it WEIGHS A TON! It's on wheels, as is nearly everything I build, but they can't be stacked well because of the excessive weight.
    I'm just starting a new terrarium project out of aluminum framing and double polycarbonate board. It should be much lighter and water resistant, etc. I'll take pics of the process and post them here.

7. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

One day i wanna know where you get this stuff to build these awesome cages from Andrea

8. LiveSquid

LiveSquid Elite Member

I think I know where this is headed... Really nice, very finished looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.