This Disappears When Logged In

Another one.....sigh

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Lyn, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I guess this is what happens when you adopt older iguanas...My beloved Spazzie was found dead this morning. She was fine, eating, pooping etc and never showed signs of illness...so I am assuming old age was the factor...she died peacefully in her sleep and I found her at feeding time this morning...She is my longest owned iguana...for 7 years...she was given to me in a 20 gal tank, one she lived in for at least 5 yrs (they couldnt remember how long exactly) and she was 1 1/2 ft long...after a year of great care, a larger cage and UVB, she blossomed into a 3 1/2 foot gorgeous gal who always loved attention....she shared her cage with Lizzie and Ziggie, two more adoptees and had resided with them for 3 1/2 yrs...she was queen of her castle and often charged, but never bit the two larger cage mates lol....I am saddened by this loss but I know she is in a better place....Thanks for reading...Lyn

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Oh no Lyn!! I feel so bad for you!
    At least Spazzie lived a happy and healthy life at our house for a long time!! :D

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

sorry to hear about the loss. but what a great life she had.

4. Tammy

Tammy Subscribed User Premium Member

Lynn - I couldn't believe it when Dom told me what happened. I am so sorry for you to have to suffer another loss so soon. You are in my prayers.

5. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear this too, Lynn.

6. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

sorry to hear that Lyn :(

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lyn Thats terrible! And to have to go thru it twice in this short of a time! My thoughts are with you!
    May your new year be less eventful!

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

So sorry for your loss Lyn, my thoughts are with you.....

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully,as stated, this new year will be less eventful.

10. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It sounds like you gave her the best years of her life and she died peacefully and as a queen. We could all wish for such an end!
    I'm sorry for your loss; all the best for the new year. You are in our thoughts!

11. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Ohhh Lyn, I am so sorry to hear of your loses. I realize these things happen, when we take in older (former abused or neglected) herps, but my goodness the timing stinks. You poor honey.

On a more positive note, remember....when a door closes, another opens. So there is probably a critter in dire need of your tender loving educated experienced care, who will now have the opportunity to find refuge in your home & life.

12. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

So sorry to hear this Lyn. If there is anything I can do........just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.