This Disappears When Logged In

Another Coastal Carpet for the Group!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by CryHavoc17, May 7, 2014.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Really excited about this gal. Just purchased her from Nick Mutton, who is an absolute riot to talk to btw. She is a pure coastal carmel, possible super from a super caramel to caramel jag pairing. Nick is very confident She will prove out as a super, but its not guaranteed. She will make a great compliment to my pure coastal jag girl. Now all I need for my coastal breeding project is a couple of years and a male! She should ship out next week, I cant wait!

13-CA-SC-F5sm.jpg

2. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

She's a beauty. I'm jealous.

3. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Well she is here !she came in on Thursday. Im really happy to have her, she is awesome. Also a complete psychopath but that is ok by me! Im sure she'll calm down with some size and handling. Right now she pretty much goes bonkers as soon as she sees me walk into the room and doesn't stop striking at me until I leave. its actually pretty funny to watch, she will be striking at me while I am standing across the room like she can actually hit me from 6 feet away. She will be offered her first meal with me tomorrow night, I really hope her defensive nature doesn't keep her from taking food from me.

20140517_085145.jpg
    20140517_085129.jpg

I don't know if yall can tell, but her eyes are bright red. Very evil looking!

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi there, since shes feeling so threatened by your presence I suggest covering up her enclosure so she can't see out of it. This will greatly reduce her stress and aggression while she adjusts to her new environment. She is beautiful!

5. Pituophis

Pituophis Active Member

Wow she's gorgeous, how old is she? I'm getting a female jungle carpet next week about 8 months old trying to figure out roughly approx. size and weight she's going to be! That's a beautiful coastal you have there though, one of those may be in the works for the future ;)

6. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Shes 9 months old. She was fed a little light by the breeder compared to how I feed my raise ups, so she is a little skinnier compared to my other 9 month old ive had since she was a neonate. The new one will be eating rat fuzzies for a couple of months at least, my other female will be moving up to rat pups soon. They're about the same length (somewhere over three feet) my other female is 280 grams. I haven't harrassed this new girl yet for a weight. I want to make sure she is solidly on feed first.

She has already fed once for me, so we are on track and she is settling in nicely.

7. Pituophis

Pituophis Active Member

The breeder I'm getting mine from says she's just about 8 months old and feeding on hoppers atm, so I would say hes probably feeding her a little light but I hope she is pretty close to where she should be! Thanks alot by the way mostly into Colubrids so I'm still learning!