This Disappears When Logged In

Another Birth Sandboa Style!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Jflores, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

WOOOHOOOOOO, So I'm talking to Michele and Susan in regards to genetics, and Dee decided to go check on our Female sandboa and Look what she found!!!!!!! OoOoOoOoOoOoOHhHhHhHhHhH YeAh!!! this is a good week for the Flores House-hold... Thank god I built a huge hatching rack 3 weeks ago!!!

553118_374412809279943_891261666_n.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mele

mele Elite Member

Very cute :) Congrats

3. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

Cool cool cool! I love my KSB :)

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very busy indeed! Congratulations, how many are there?

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Wow!! Congrats!! What a week for you all :) They are so cute! My eggs are about 3 weeks away from hatching I can't wait :)

6. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Thanks!!!! there are 17 squiggly babies. Tell me about it, when Dee saw the KSB squirming all over their mom she freaked!!!! well it's time to start sorting these little beauties..

Susan, I cannot wait till your babies hatch, 3 weeks?!?!?!?! that the same time frame our last ball python clutch should be hatching!!!

7. mld

Wow, mom must have been huge with all those babies! How about colors, let us know what you got :)

8. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

O.O Another clutch and your whole house will start to slither away! Haha, congrats!

9. Jeninpa76

Jeninpa76 Elite Member

My daughter was sitting here when I opened this & went crazy over the pic! lol I bought her a Ball Python last year for her birthday & I think I have created a monster! I need to look into these Kenyan Sand Boa's :)

10. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

That is a HUGE litter :)

My litters where always around 6-8 at a time. I miss those little guys :)

11. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Thanks you all for the kind comments,
    Michele, to be honest with you I have no idea what they are. Here is the thing, 2 years ago I bought mom and an identical male as a pair of Anery 100% het albino, I decided that I wanted to get myself a visual albino and so I traded the male for the sire of this clutch (male Albino). About 6 months ago I started noticing something odd. My female had a cream color rather than white so instead of white and black she was cream and blushed out black, things got weirder when a friend of mine purchased a true anery, when we compared his anery to my female the differences where extremely noticeable. First of the color, the anery was truly black and white and my girl was cream and blushed black. The biggest difference was the anery had solid black eyes and my girl has silver eyes. This made everything more interesting, we posted her on a forum and no one could identify what she was. So for now she is some form of hypo or Blond phase, but here is the kicker all of her babies came out looking like her all creamy like. So she has a dominant trait. So now the proving begins, at least I know now that all they babies are 100% het albinos.

@CentriRitanni, you’re telling me at the moment most of the baby rack is filled up. Thankfully I only have 4 python eggs to hatch out.

@Jenipa76, LOL sandboas are awesome snakes, sadly not everyone can appreciate their personalities/characteristics...some of my friends simply call them slithering hotdogs...lol

@DwarvenChef, yup and to think this is her first season too, I have already picked out 4 holdbacks, wait till you see how awesome they look.

12. mld

Thats is weird!

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So they are all het albino's and Mom is not? Thats odd. Maybe you have something new there?
    I wonder what her color would do mixed with the albino gene! I would keep back 1.2 and breed two together and the sire back to a daughter and see what you get.
    Good thing you have lots of time to build a new hatchling rack :)

14. mld

I would contact Roy Stockwell and see what he thinks!

15. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Tell me about it, Michele thanks for the info I will take better pics of her and contact Roy,

Susan, the only reason they are 100% het albino is because the male I bred the mom too was a visual albino, I had doubts that the pair where true hets so I decided to following my instinct and purchase a Visual to either prove her out or make 100% hets. Susan that is exactly what I am doing 4 of the hatchlings were born with crazy potential.. I will post pics of those later on this week….Time is the least thing I have lol.
    Only time will tell what they truly are…

16. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Wow first season and 17 "worms" ( :p ) Thats a productive pair you have there lol

I remember my first season well, she took FOREVER to have that first litter I kept freaking out that she may bind up and I'd loose her. Just before leaving to go out to dinner I went down to the herp room and check things out... While I was standing there she delivered the first one, with me plastered to the side of the tank. I hear my wife call down for me to hurry up and all I could get out was "She's having them"... So much for going out tonight on my wife's birthday... Ya I had some SERIOUS groveling to make up for that one but my wife knew if we did go out all I'd be thinking of was my girl having her litter :p

Congrats on your new little diggers :)

17. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I know the feeling!!! I was a long wait period and I too thought something went wrong, but then all of a sudden boom they are all here!! yup 17 little worms on her first season not to shabby!!!

Here are pics of everyone (well at least those who actually stood still to take pics, so far only 4 have shed and the rest are in the process, The first three you are about to see are my holdbacks... their coloration and pattern are amazing!!!
    IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg

And these are their siblings, they are just as amazing as the first three..
    IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg

For the most part some have kept their soft cream coloration while others have colored up a bit. Either way I am looking forward to explore what mom truly is and see if I can unlock something crazy within the next two to three seasons.

Attached Files:

18. mld

Incredible looking bunch! There is so many of them :)

19. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

WOW! very pretty sandboas! Are you going to keep them all or sell them?

20. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Adorable! Congrats. :)