This Disappears When Logged In

Animal Career Choices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lexie, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Lexie

Lexie Member

I'm 15 and looking for a career with animals. I want to enjoy my job and be able to support myself with no problem. So I'm already thinking about my future very hard and I can't seem to figure out what career I want. I really wanted to be a vet tech, but I'm afraid I'll be struggling to get by since the pay isn't the best. I wanted to be a vet my whole life but idk if I'm smart enough for that and requires lots of schooling. Anyone have ideas?

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

How about working at a zoo?

3. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

Some people can get through vet school no problem, and get top grades without really trying. Others just have to put a lot of work into it to get through, and there is nothing wrong with that.

4. Lexie

Lexie Member

Yeah true. I mean I have never ever studied for a quiz or test and I manage to get mostly a's and very high b's. Then again I'm just starting year 10, sophomore year in my high school.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

So you have time to get a running start at it. Take science classes, such as advanced biology and that will let you get a feel for it.

6. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

If your pulling A's and B's in general studies you should do good in subjects that you truly have an interest in. It also helps not to wait to start doing some reading and research on your own. I have never been to college but I try to keep my reading up all the same.