This Disappears When Logged In

Amazon Tree Boa.

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by titus, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I got a call out from a friend who runs a shop, knowing well that I have been looking into ATB's a a few years saying that they had a drop off that he was willing to part with for cost. I was surprised when I ended up with a sub adult at about 5' and 400g, For only 90 euro (about 140USD) thinking for the price it was most likely a 1-2 month old snake.

He's hanging out in a quarantine cage at the moment and being very shy. If anyone has some extra info from experience with amazons not found in caresheets let me hear it every bit helps. Even after years of off and on research. I'll be posting pictures when he's out and about.

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Look forward to the pics! nice one, congrats! One day I will keep these guys. One of the very few exotic snakes I would keep.

3. titus

There still a bit rare to find over here I think in the last 4 years I've seen two others in the flesh, one a orange,green and red way above my price range.

4. titus

Here are the first pictures of him, sorry about the quality, I guess I should start a collection of pictures it could be called aggressive snakes through water stained glass.

Attached Files:

5. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

LOL That would be very avante-garde. You might even be able to see some at galleries. LOL :p

6. savannahmon181

savannahmon181 Elite Member

Just remember these snakes are not like most pet snakes, they are more for viewing not handling

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Beautiful, I like his colors, it looks very earthy and natural. Can't wait to see more.

8. titus

Well noted, I've done alot of research on the speices. So this was no suprise to me he lives up to the aggressive nature that the species is known for getting him into his temp. cage wasn't too much of an act.

Thanks, more pictures will be coming soon, he's getting moved in to his new cage this week. A 24 x 18 x 24 exo terra, that should be arriving today. I'll be posting pictures as it's set up.

9. savannahmon181

savannahmon181 Elite Member

Sweet I can't wait he is beautiful I love arboreal snakes I am getting a jungle carpet python soon ill post some pics of him and his cage I am making a cage for him and I am a person who loves to show off my pet and there habitat so it should be pretty nice I always like to see other peoples cages for input and other peoples ideas I just love seeing peoples enclosures.

10. titus

That great, I'm sure you'll be happy with your carpet. They are wonderful snakes. Most are very nippy as young animals though they calm down rather quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.