This Disappears When Logged In

Amazon Tree Boa

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Patrick, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick

Patrick Site Sponsor

Ok I purchase an Amazon Tree Boa last weekend
    I am looking for some information on them. Now I
    Know somewhat of the basics but the feeding part and handling
    Part I need a little bet more info. On this guy is about 2 ft long and
    A nice orange color so can any one help me here?

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

3. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Tough species Patrick. Care is on the difficult side. I'm sure you are researching everything about them.

Good luck with it. They are a spectacular snake!

White Plains is Sunday. Ready for the long drive? LOL

4. Patrick

Patrick Site Sponsor

Thanks Rich, read that website to death it is a Great Website to
    Now I need hands on experience…I have joined the yahoo site for them..

Thanks Dominick yes I have read but need some hands on experience
    on this guy he or she has great color!! (All orange) White Plains again I will have to pass this time
    But hey maybe not if I can talk Denise in to it LOL!!!

[​IMG]

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

We had a pair of those back when I worked at a pet store (I will once again post my "I dislike pet stores" disclaimer). It was terrible. We had 2 in a 10 gallon tank, they weren't very good eaters, and their sheds were a disaster. They had pretty bad attitudes too. I took one out on request of a customer (cause I had to), and was explaining to him that they were bitey little critters. At that exact moment the snake decided he liked me even less than he did previously, and bit me in the thumb. It was oozing blood as I continued to talk about the snakes. Crap, I kinda rambled on there didn't I. Sorry :rolleyes: Well, good luck with your new serpent! I'm sure yours will be a better feeder and shedder than ours were. Ours had pretty crappy care.

6. BOA68

BOA68 Member

Just wondering Patrick, did you get him from a pet store or breeder? And what was the price tag on a patternless orange guy like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.