This Disappears When Logged In

alright, i have questions...

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Python John, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python John

Python John Elite Member

hello, if any of you have rosy boas, can you pleas read and respond to this, thanks

1) how much do they gennerally cost?

2)they can be housed in a 20gl aquarium, right?

3)they need low humidity, but what is "low", like 40%?

4) [goes with ^ one] Do they need low humidity even in shed cycle?

thanks you, and i might think of more questions later

(oh, and if you would like to post pictures of them, i wouldnt mind...)

[i posted somethign like this before, but its not here anymore, so i posted again]

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

according to Barrons reptile and amphibian guide

a 20 gal long is sufficient even for an adult, high humidity is associated with respitory problems so 40% is about rite. in high humid areas provide a small bowl of water on every second or third day to keep cage humidity to a minimal. it also states that the sale of wild specimens is prohibited; therefore captive bred are the way to go

4. Python John

Python John Elite Member

thank you:D

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I've got one!! lol

i've got a rosy boa. his name is Chaos. i got him for free however and i don't remember the price when he originally was at the store i work at. my friends husband bought him about a year and a half ago but then gave him to me for free this august. he's about 2 years old. i'm excited. i'm glad i have him. i keep a small dish in his tank. i've read the temps should be around the 80s. he's in a 15 gallon right now and doesn't seem to mind. i'm thinking about rearranging his enclosure when i clean it out next time. he's shed for me once so far and i got to watch so i took pics of that. i misted him while he was shedding and that seemed to help soften up the skin more so it came off easier. :D

i'll post up all the pics i have of him when i have a chance to resize them. everytime i try to post pics its says the images are too big but before HC started having problems the sizes were fine. weird. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.