This Disappears When Logged In

Akasha Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Dragoness, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

We have had absolutely beautiful weather here lately, and since I have a yard, I like to take my snakes (especially the big girl) out for some sunshine, and exercise. Took Akasha out, and she apparently smelled something very appealing - and was moving pretty fast (or trying) in the general direction, and getting to be quite a handful in general. When it was time to go in, she wanted NO part of it at all, and made sure I knew it. Got me on the arm, and well enough that it wraps around, and you can't see the whole thing in one picture (but do get a very good view of the double rows of teeth she has in her upper jaw - picture on the left)

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
  2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Ouch Jen, that must have hurt! Sounds like she is a very strong willed snake!
    How big is Akasha?

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I measured her a year ago, and she was just shy of 8 feet - due for another measure. She weighs about 25 pounds, and is very opinionated indeed, lol. It doesn't hurt bad, and today, it has faded most of the way, and can barely be seen. I'm going to put measuring her on my list of things to do on Monday. Weigh & Measure.

4. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

David has got to see this! What did it feel like when she bit you?

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

lol I bet like a big muscily vice! Is that a word even? LOL
    :p
    I agree David would love this!
    Great name too!

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Well you all as usual are correct, I LOVE IT!!!!! Great bite pattern Jen! Aren't they beautiful? When the big ones bite...I have noticed it seems the smaller ones bite and wrap- while the big ones have less to prove. The big ones just bite and go on their merry way. At least, that has been my experience anyway. Even my big Burm just bit and left me alone. Awesome pictures Jen, thanks for sharing. ;)

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yeah, the only snakes that have ever bit and wrapped or constricted are my little ones - usually my King/Milk snakes.

Akasha bites a lot, but she doesn't bite hard - I rarely get any of the bruising I know she could leave me if she wanted to (heck, I get more bruising from my typical BP bite.). Usually, when she bites, it's just like being tapped with a bunch of sharp pins. Far more startling than it is painful. The part of my arm that she bit was turned under while I was carrying her, so she struck up at it, and I didn't even see it. Just felt it (and heard my mom gasp) and thought "Oh? She's done it again."

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Is Akasha the one that changed her attitude after she had babies?

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

No - Akasha has never had babies, and with any luck, never will. I certainly will not be breeding her, not with her temper issues.