This Disappears When Logged In

African Reed Frog Tank Build

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by Quinkan, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Quinkan

Quinkan Member

In the past few days, I have been creating a waterfall paludarium, intended for African Reed Frogs, and possibly also African dwarf frogs, and cherry shrimp.

image.jpg
    The tank before setup. image.jpg
    I used a 6 inch black pipe (not sure exactly what kind, found it in my garage :p) to house the pump, hose and power cord, and wooden blocks to boost the flat rock ledges. This first layer of spray foam was just to keep everything in place. image.jpg
    I next added the second layer of spray foam, which covered up the pipe and wood blocks. I also added a mopani log I had in store, and glued some gravel onto the backdrop to add texture. I siliconed it to the glass, and attached it to the spray foam, to make sure it stayed in place. I was able to flip it over, and get a preview of what it will look like.

Attached Files:

2. Quinkan

Quinkan Member

image.jpg
    I then added the gravel, rocks and stones to the bottom. I did this pretty much all at once, so didn't get pictures of each step. image.jpg
    Finally, I planted it with pillow moss from my yard, a baby fern from another one of my tanks, and some dwarf papyrus from the koi pond outside. I turned it on and it looks great, in my opinion.

Sorry that I had to put this in two posts, I had to do this from my phone, since that's where all the pictures are :/. Sorry for the poor image quality, because, as I have said, they were taken on my phone. My plan is for a mostly biotope tank (save for the shrimp and moss) and I'm really happy with the way it turned out :)

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  3. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I can say that this is absolutely beautiful and I can only imagine how nice it will look once it's a home. I really would love to do something similar one day. May I ask about how much this cost you?