This Disappears When Logged In

African Dwarf Frogs.

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Anthony14, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

My friends little sister got some african dwarf frogs and I was appauled to see what they come in and the amount of false information given...:/

http://www.herpcenter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11695&stc=1&d=1312046860

That's the tank they come in...no filter, no heater. I tried to tell her it was inadequite but shes at the ripe age of 12(they know it all!) and she finds it fine because that's what they came in and the paper says it's okay.

I think I am just venting because I am annoyed but seriously...that's worse than what they do to Beta Fish. :c

Attached Files:

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

actually, they don't need a heater and they don't do well with a filter. He could however use a bigger tank.

3. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Their are two in the tank :eek:

Honestly, the tank is smaller in person. Its a bit bigger than a 500ml milk container.

Also, I checked the instructions and it says clean once every 3 months...what, its so small they poop a couple times and I would think the water would be spoiled..

They provide these little pellets that are so extremely tiny, and it says to only feed them two pellets a week. I mean the pellets are probably a bit larger than a piece of salt. I honestly dont see how they could survive on that...

they come in a dime bag, very small bag and thats supposed to last an entire year!!

About the filter, Im not sure why I wrote that, I know they are weak swimmers and like calmer water. :/

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

yeah, i never agreed with the instructions. That should be water changed once a week. Did it even come with water dechlorinator?

5. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Nope, instructions don't even mention that.

It comes with the instructions(they don't even state what type of frog they are, just says "frogs"). That 1L tank(my estimate), with some pebbles, a piece of bamboo and a "year supply" of food in a dime bag. :/

6. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

But it has BAMBOO!!!!
    that has to count for something! right?

Just kidding. Never ceases to amaze me the pet trade.