This Disappears When Logged In

African Dwarf Frogs or African Clawed Frogs

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by California Cowgirl, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Elite Member

You guys can delete the post since it seems that I can't post the you tube link for you guys to see the video that I've made of the frogs. Oh well.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

re: African Dwarf Frogs or African Clawed Frogs?

YOu can post it, you just have to upload it to our gallery first. Helps us keep away the glorification of live feeds, etc.... Just follow the link for Videos all the way at the top of the page.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As stated, videos are allowed (just not directly in threads). The video section on HC, found HERE holds all of the sites videos. It allows the staff the ability to view them before they are mode available to the rest of the members.

It lets us toss a warning on graphic videos and also lets us delete the ones where someone is cursing up a storm in the background. lol

4. California Cowgirl

awesome. Thanks for the tips guys. I had no idea about that section and i went through the link of the videos. So my question is do you think that they are clawed or dwarfs? I still say there dwarfs, but now I'm not so sure

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

To me, they look like clawed, only because of their size. They already look too big for dwarfs.

6. California Cowgirl

I really really hope there not clawed. I won't be able to get them a bigger tank. Would that explain why there tank is always dirty, cause every day i'm having to clean the top of the sand cause it's covered in poop or whatever the heck it is. and some are aggressive when it comes to food like on the video.

7. California Cowgirl

i also posted another video of them that I made yesterday

8. California Cowgirl

another thing I should add, when I first got these guys i had them with fish. Coinsidently my little neon tetra's all dissapeared when I put the frogs in the tank. And I figured that the frogs ate the fish cause none of the other fish in the tank would have. Is that also a sign of them being clawed?

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

According to Wikipedia: "African Dwarf Frogs will have webbing on the front and rear feet whereas African Clawed Frogs will only have webbed feet on the rear legs."

10. California Cowgirl

11. California Cowgirl

alright so I'm now like 99% positive that my frogs are truly dwarf. I now have one more question. I just fed the little guys and they were all at the front of the tank as it was feed time. I had noticed 2 of the 5 frogs eyes are different colors. 3 of the frogs have black eyeballs with like a dark yellowish tint on the outside. But 2 of the frogs I have black eyeballs with extremely white tint on the outside, and this white on both frogs seems to have a large width than the yellow on the other frogs which is barely noticable.

Is the different coloring normal for the frogs, they all seem to have webbed front feet even the 2 with the white eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.