This Disappears When Logged In

Aeryn ate!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Since Aeryn was out cruising along the floor of her terrarium, we gently picked her up with the snake hook and put her into a feeding bucket with a perch.
    Since she was due for a feeding when we picked her up AND with all her efforts to swallow my knuckle yesterday, we thought we'd try to offer her a pinkie.
    She seemed interested but wasn't really going for it. So I tried the "Indian" trick too. (Stuffed some down-feathers into the pinkie's mouth so that it had a feathery head-dress). Then I warmed up the pinkie some more with the hair dryer and held it under her nose... she flicked her tongue once and then seemed to get VERY interested. She followed the floating Indian pinkie and gently took it in her mouth... I had to look to see if she had taken it and then let it go from the feeding tongs.
    She dropped down and threw some coils around it and immediately started to work the mouse down. When we were sure she was well into swallowing it, we decided to risk one photo... (we didn't want to stress her with the flash).
    The photo is quite blurry because we were feeding her in the dark and it didn't focus perfectly but here it is anyway (I like how you can see the reflection in the plastic wall):

[​IMG][/IMG]

When she's rested a little, I'll take the perch out of the feeding bucket and place it into her terrarium in a safe way that she can crawl off of it on her own. :D

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great pic Andrea !!!! COngrats,,,,she's gorgeous !!!!!!

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks Ken... we've done really well this weekend: all our snakes have eaten without problems!!! (Especially the fact that the two new babies ate F/T is a HUGE relief to us!) :p

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome Andrea, glad to hear she has eaten already. Good job.

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

good to hear that she ate for you. :)

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great news!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.