This Disappears When Logged In

Adult Female Green Iguana in Pa

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by jfogle78, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

Venus was surrendered to us in February of 2008. She had a mild case of mouth-rot which we had treated promptly. She also has lost many of her spikes due to hydration and humidity issues from bad previous husbandry. Her spikes still look terrible, I believe it will be a very long time before her spikes ever look somewhat normal as they are so damaged. Venus is approx 8 years old and had been with 3 other owners before coming to stay with us. She prefers to NOT be handled much. Though she does likes her eye balls rubbed, as well as her head but doesnt tolerate being touched anywhere else. However she does well with having her claws trimmed, which were extremely overgrown when she came to us. She will let you know when she wants to free roam. Was once pan trained but lately refuses to use her pan. In our care she has been fed Collard, turnip, mustard, and dandi lion greens, various squashes, green beans, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, parsnips, sweet potatoes just to name a few. She does not like baths but loves a warm misting. She needs an experienced keeper!!!!!!!! And needs to be in a one Iguana home, she is a dominant female.
    Please pm me with contact info and if you are interested, she really is a great pet! Unfortunately she hates our other Igs and I think she would be happier in a home without any competition. You will be required to complete an application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.