This Disappears When Logged In

Adoptions and Rescues accepted

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by jimijaw, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

We here at Wilderness acres snake Ranch do have lots of room for any reptile or other pet that needs a home. Any reptile or pet taken in under rescue will not be sold or traded! We may try to find a home for the reptile or animal but there will be no adoption fees charged. Maybe a shipping fee and only the actual cost of shipping will be charged, In some cases we will pay the shipping fee just to get the rescued animal a good home. The only thing we charge for here is our sales of baby cornsnakes that we raise. I will on the 17th of this month post pics of my place and the animal tanks and cages so if anyone is wondering will there givin up pet have a good home will be able to see that our care is number 1. Im not here to make any money only to find good homes for our rescues and if we cant do that we will keep them ourselfs. Right at present I have a rescued Leopard gecko male that is blind and I will not adopt him out as it would be a personal strain on some one to have to hand feed him daily but I have gotten attached to him and would definately miss him if he left. I am 56 years old and disabled so this endeavor is my life and its what keeps me going and gives me such pleasure to be there for a pet that needs a home. We will also accept any special needs pets. I have a retired veterinarian who just lives a few miles away and has offered his services for free because of the work that I try to do here. I am sorry for such a long post but I felt I needed to put all my cards on the table. Thanks Jimi

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That's awesome that you have a vet that can help out. I know it's usually a huge expense to most shelters and probably the main reason many of them have to shut down. Give your vet friend a pat on the back for me.:) Keep up the good work.

3. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Kudos from me as well!

4. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Thanks guys it means alot and believe me my vet friend definately knows how much he is appreciated. Jimi

5. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

I need to be able to PM you if possible, I think I'm going to have to give up my green iguana to someone that can take care of him properly. Or just email me if you need info, it should all be in my profile.

6. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Sent you an email, Jimi

7. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Wow. That's admirable. I hope everything goes well for you. Please keep us updated on the goings on there. I bet you'll have dozens of really good stories for us.

8. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

I actually do have a few storys I could tell. I will be posting some pics this evening of my snake room and a few of the rescues I still have so I will post those also. Thanks Jimi

9. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Yay! :) I like stories. And pictures. Oh, and snakes. :)

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

we definatly need photos!

11. venus

venus Founding Member

Cant wait to see the pics Jimi :)

12. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Ok pics as promised!!!
    Snake room
    [​IMG]
    More snake room the cabinet in the lower left will be converted in to a 2 story viv with a ramp leading from one floor to the next.
    [​IMG]
    even more of my snake room, the tank on the floor will be moved to a stand soon(its empty)
    [​IMG]
    Gecko Tanks in snake room, Male on the right gravid female on left.
    [​IMG]
    Lucky the blind Geckos Tank
    [​IMG]
    My bearded Dragons tank
    [​IMG]
    Rat breeder 1
    [​IMG]
    Rat breeder 2
    [​IMG]
    Mouse breeders
    [​IMG]

for some reason not all the pics posted but the links are good. I will have more very soon!
    Lucky the blind Gecko's tank is now clean, the pic was taken as I got him in an emergency and had no place to put him at the time. My tanks are never that dirty thats way he came in that tank. Thanks Jimi

13. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Some of my rescues
    Jungle carpet python, who is now in a happy home in New York!
    [​IMG]
    Easwtern Coachwhip now in New Jersy
    [​IMG]
    Western Hognose now in South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Hoss and Dixie now in happy homes here in Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    Patty a 4 year old mixed breed I adopted from the local Shelter
    [​IMG]
    Pat our Patagonian Conure who came from a very abusive home but now has taken to my wife so the wife said were keepin her.
    [​IMG]
    Thats it for now but lots more to come. Thanks Jimi

14. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

I just wanted to mention as I have in a earlier post any animals or reptiles that are taken in under adoption or rescue are adopted out if possible and if they cant be for any reason we keep them and give them our best with lots of lovin and care. There is never an adoption fee charged!!! Only certain criteria must be met to make the sure the adoptee is going to a good home. I live on 2.2 acres and have plenty of room for goats, horses, etc. The only thing I charge for are the snakes that I raise not for snakes taken in on adoption or rescue. Thank you all very much Jimi

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice pictures Jimi!
    Thanks for posting them.
    (I fixed your links)

16. venus

venus Founding Member

Great pics Jimi....I wanna see more beardie :D

17. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I'm envious of the Eastern Coachwhip! :)

Nice pictures. It's good to know that these animals are getting the best care available.

18. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

its good to know there are people out there who care. Thanks :)

19. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Thanks for the pics of your set ups! I wish I had that kind of room... Glad you are part of the board.

20. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Thank you all very much. Im just an old softie when it comes to pets and I feel we owe it to them to provide a good home and life for them when the owners cant due to sitiations beyond their control or from owners who dont care about the quality of life of their pets. I am disabled and this is now my lifes work and I love it. I have to give credit to my wife for her acceptance of these pets in the house but she loves them just as much as I do. Jimi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.