This Disappears When Logged In

Actie After Feeding, and Feeding Question.

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by morlan, Jul 31, 2014.

1. morlan

morlan New Member

Hi,
    I have a adult corn snake -his name is Cail- ive kind of rescued him, hes tank is a nice temp now and he seems alot more active (this is also my first snake).
    His diet has been adult mice (i weighted each one in the bag) from 19gm to 24gms each. he seems very calm most of the time, and has a lovely temperament -to my pleasant surprise.
    Cail is 3 feet 4 inches long and weighs 352gms.
    he was being fed one of these mice twice a week. Everything I've read (and I've read as much as I can) says this is wrong.
    So i looked it up and uit says for a 300gm snake to give a 30gm mouse every 10 or so days. so logicly for 20gm mice it looks like one would give 2 of them every 2 weeks, but he seems eager to feed by that time, so i figured that 1 a week was essentially the same and would leave him feeling satisfied for longer.

I have noticed though that after his feed hes REALLY active, like hes still hungry, he did have a bump in him as he ate one but it went after about 20 mins. He also seems to be asking me to let him out of the vivarium. So I think hes still hungry,

also as a "bonus question" he lets me rub him under his umm ?chin? and he pushes himself into my finger and i can feel his body relax and splodge out as im holding him, im assuming -hopefully- that this means he likes this. He also gets defensive if someone else tries, does this mean he likes me?

morlan

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014