This Disappears When Logged In

A very bad day

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by replover, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. replover

replover Elite Member

It started off as a great day. I've been getting compliments all day for I have been working out hard and gotten into great shape. I had a particularly good weekend with my girlfriend. Everything seemed to be going right. I had a smile on my face all day and when people asked me how I was doing this is the first time in a long time when I actually said "Great" and actually meant it.

Then it happened...

I had went to thaw a pinky to feed my chinese beauty snake. The snake was doing great. It was very energetic and I thought must be really hungry. After I put the pinky in the bag to thaw, I decided to check on some other snakes I had. I opened the box of my blizzard corn snake and I lifted the hide, knowing it would be there 90% of the time. It wasn't there.

I sifted through all the aspen, nothing. Then it dawned on me. It had escaped. I spent some hours looking for it but it was a lost cause. My house is big and the snake is the size of a big worm at best. I took a particular liking to this snake and it was the only corn I had that I had actually named. Also I was relying on it to get a lot of morphs in my breeding project, which is now ... I don't know. I'm probably not gonna find another Blizzard het anery A male here in Hong Kong.

So I sulked for some time. And got over it. And went to feed my beauty snake. When I approached the box, I noticed it looked weird. It was bent in a weird way I had never seen before. I looked closer and its mouth was agape. It was still moving a little bit. I frantically opened the box and picked it up, but didn't know what to do to save it. And it just died in my hand. It was feisty and active just hours ago, and suddenly, it just died. Went limp in my hand.

God knows what I must have done in my past lives to deserve this kind of crap. Maybe I was an axe murderer.

By the way I'm not looking for advice of how to find the escaped snake. I've read them all, crumply paper, flour, you name it. It's just gone. That's it.

So now I lost two snakes in one day. Bummer. Just shoot me already.

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i am real sorry to hear that.... the beauty snakes death...hmmm? I would def get a postmortem done... before the same happens to any of your others! Rather be safe...

again... real sorry to hear about your losses

3. kagerou

kagerou Elite Member

I'm sorry for your loss :(

4. replover

replover Elite Member

Thanks for your condolensces. I appreciate it. But no postmortem. No looking for the missing snake. Nothing. I don't want to do anything. I'm not even gonna clean my house anymore. I'm just going to pray.

5. thejoie

thejoie Elite Member

:( that's terrible!

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Aw, so sorry to hear about your losses, but dont give up hope on the lost snake, I had a small rat snake escape over 12 months ago, I lived in UK all my life and decided to sell up and move to US.

one week before my move the lil rat snake turned up, I lost all hope cause he was a little thing, he had grown, not much, but must of ate something in those 12 months, he must of known I was leaving him or something, and he turned up right after all my other snakes went, they all went together as a wholesale.

I know how you feel though, its so hard to lose a pet, not lost many, but my collared lizard died recently I was heart broke, still cry when I think of him and view his pics.

My prayers are with you :(

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Anthony to put it bluntly,..that sucks! I am sorry to hear about the death of your snake and, if it helps any, even the most experienced keepers have animals die unexpectedly.
    And don't give up on the corn just yet.
    They have been known to turn up in the strangest places and when you least expect it.

8. Paige

Paige Elite Member

GEEZ! That is a bummer, sooo soorry!

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

:( Im sorry to hear about your loss. Youll find your corn eventually Im sure, he will turn up sometime. I hope things look up for you

11. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

that is a rough turn of events, good luck with all else, i'll be keeping you and your animals in my thoughts

12. Dawg

Dawg Elite Member

terribly sorry for your losses

13. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your losses!
    It seems VERY unusual that your snake should just die like that. I'm sorry to bring it up, but could she have eaten the cornsnake? Were their tanks close to each other with a way for the corn to get in?

Congratulations on getting yourself into good shape. Your health is the most important thing. S**t happens, but you'll get over it as long as you continue to take care of yourself.

14. venus

venus Founding Member

:(...I'm sorry for your loss Anthony.

15. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

That is a horrible blow. I am so sorry... there really isn't anything one can say to that kind of tragedy. I will pray for you, hun.

16. replover

replover Elite Member

I FOUND THE CORN SNAKE!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other one died so that one's not coming back, but at least I got one back out of the two.

WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome, Awesome awesome!!! Glad to hear it...

18. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I'm sorry to hear about the death of one of your snakes but I'm so glad that you found your corn. It's a scary thing to lose a snake, I know, I've been there. But I'm happy that you found him.

19. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Well I'm happy to hear that my theory was wrong! Congratulations on finding your corn.
    Now get some good locks on his tank! :)

20. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.