This Disappears When Logged In

A Source of Pride!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Og_, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Little Shag used to look like this:

011_-_copy_thumb.jpg

And like this:

carpet557667_thumb.jpg

Back to the present. This is how he looks now:

004_-_copy_thumb.jpg

And,
    005_-_copy_thumb.jpg

And,
    001_-_copy_216217_thumb.jpg

He's come a long way!
    He's one of my success stories!

Attached Files:

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Wow! he sure has beautiful markings!

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

wow he is just fabulous!

4. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Those markings are gorgeous! Very handsome snake :)

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Aww, what's his story Og_?

6. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Very nice! :)

7. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, not much of a story. They had him at the petstore for so long that the price got knocked down.
    Many people don't want this kind of snake because they are biters.
    I was only able to hold him in the newest pics because it was just 15 minutes since he fed.
    I can't put my hand in the enclosure prior to feeding without getting bitten. I wrap a flannell shirt over my hand and arm to get him out to feed in a separate container. Once he's full, he's docile for a short time.LOL Kind of like us! lol

The "Bitey" snakes don't bother me much. I've been bitten by my snakes more times than I can possibly remember. I used to have a Blood Python that bit me every chance he got.
    I've even been bitten by ball pythons when I screw up by putting them in their feeding tub and then put my hands back in there thinking that I'm going to adjust their position. I did that once. lol

8. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Very beautiful snake

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

The only animals whose bites really bother me (so far) are parrots *shudder* Biting reptiles are a walk in the park - even young alligators.

I have yet to come face to face with an emerald tree boa, and I have seen pics of their dentition! I may revise my opinion then.

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

The only parrot to draw blood on me is a, "Hahn's mini macaw"!
    They can draw blood faster than a syringe!

Believe me, A monitors bite is not a "Walk in the park"!!!

As long as I stay alive, I would rather get chewed on by an australian salt water crocodile than a monitor ANY DAY!

11. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

WOW nice, is he pure jungle?

Haha even if you are limbless. You're still alive ;)

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Elite Member

I think I'll take both of your words about the bites and join the group of "let's not get bitten at all" :p :D

Back to the snake, always neat to see the baby pictures and then the present day ones. Very beautiful snake.

13. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Great looking snake!

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have yet to be bit by the sav at work, but I have seen marks on the people who have been (which is everyone but me.)

I'll take the alligator.

I had a cockatoo break my fingernail right off, and I was gushing blood... That's still the most painful animal-wound I have received yet. The Cockatoo at work is named Tyson, and everybody has a 'tyson mark'

15. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Og, that is one amazing snake. I love all snakes and wish I could have one or two or three etc, of each one, but common sense and my wife discourage this from happening.

Jacqui, I hope you are able to remain in the "Let's not get bitten" group forever, but it has been said on here by a very wise man--Merlin, if I remember correctly- There are two types of snake keepers, those who have been bitten- and those who are going to get bitten. I am assuming (I know, a dangerous undertaking at best), that this will qualify for all reptile keepers also. But good luck just the same. :D

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

No you wouldn`t!! (Unless you ask them nicely not to bite too hard!) ;) If you ever do, though, maybe you could get David to take a few pics.... You may need to repeat the action a few times, he`s not too fast on the finger when it comes to getting the "hit shot"! I know, believe me, I know... :p

17. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Nag,nag,nag-LOL! Hey Stefan, it will be even longer now as our camera has mysteriously turned up broken. It will be some time now before we can replace it. Sorry for the disappointing news :(

18. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I'm mainly pointing to the fact that it is easier to survive the loss of a limb than to survive having your entire bloodstream flooded with killer bacteria! I had just watched something about the Komodo dragon when I said that. lol

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Jacqui, do you have snakes?

Or just torts? I have yet to be bitten by those (yet)

20. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

How 'bout I just grab you by the neck and let them knaw on the both of us? LOL Believe me, If we are both in the same situation, You aren't going anywhere! Ha ha!

'Course, you wouldn't be more than a drumstick!

Just punch them in the nose!