This Disappears When Logged In

A Rescue success

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Herpmom, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

I know how much everyone likes a good sucess story. So, Here are 2 dragons I received earlier this year. Both were over a year old when they came to live with me. Blaze was the bigger, more healthy looking of the 2. I didn't think Levi would make it through the weekend, she couldn't even hold her head up.....

Here are some Then & Now photos of them.

Here's Blaze....then, at 11 inches & 110 grams
    [​IMG]

This is Blaze ......now, at 17 inches & over 400 grams
    [​IMG]

Here's Levi...then, at only 9 1/2 inches & 30 grams !!
    [​IMG]

And this is our precious Levi ......now, at 16 inches & just topped the 300 gram mark. And everyone thought she was a normal phase.......She turned out to be a Salmon

[​IMG]

See how pink she is
    [​IMG]

2. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Holy COW!! What are you feeding them? They look awesome, and their colors are absolutely amazing. Great work!!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

WOW is correct. They look great. Toni, u do an awesome job. :D

4. BDragon1351246

BDragon1351246 Active Member

what were your techniques to make them gain weight

5. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

great job keep up the good work

6. HerpBabe448

HerpBabe448 Well-Known Member

What morph is blaze? HOLY DRAGON!

7. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

their both beautiful!

8. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Thank you everyone....

they have both amazed me with their eagerness to thrive. After their vet check, they were both found to have coccidia, pinworms and Levi had an infection in her liver. With their med treatments and increase light/heat therapy, frequent soaks, crix (1/4 - 1/2 inch size), greens & veggies and rep-cal juvenile pellets (moistened) for 2 months, they were given a clean bill of health and well on their way to recovery.....after that they were converted to a strick diet of moistened rep-cal juvenile pellets (availble from lights on til lights out).

The woman I got them from said Blaze was a flaming tiger and that Levi was just a "normal", But it's obvious now that she's healthy, she's not.

9. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

WOAH! THose are some beautiful beardies and a great rescue story! YAY!

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

wow!! they're absolutely amazing! very beautiful. i've never see anything like them. :)

11. Julie&brad

Julie&brad Elite Member

What beauties you have there. I must say you did a great job!! Must be nice when they eat the pellets, mine wont touch them. I have moistened them and everything but they just wont eat them.

12. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Thank you.....

J&B, I've seen your dragons....they're mighty awesome too !!

It's not always easy to convert them....some are more stubborn than others.

Blaze for instance, loved them immediately and would eat them before any of her other goodies. Levi took much longer to develop a taste for them. My hatchlings started eating pellets on their 3 day of life !! Of course I had to cut them in half (labor of love :) ). And that was weeks before they would touch any greens. I have 5 of them that have never eaten anything but pellets......they're terrified of crix.

Here's just a few of my hatchlings, the one on the left, with the silver dot on his tail, is one of the 5 strict pellets eaters.
    [​IMG]

13. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

WOW, what beauties, you done a great job, they are awsome, :D

Mine wont entertain the pellets either, I can get a few down them if i have them out on the bed, and play with the pellets to make them look alive lol,

14. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Actually Donna that is a great way to get them interested. I get some of my stubborn ones to take them by putting a small pile in their bowl and then dropping others into the tank over the bowl to simulate movement....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.