This Disappears When Logged In

A Prayer for a Snake

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 6, 2011.

1. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Still praying for little Gollum! Wishing you TONS of luck!

2. blueginger

blueginger Elite Member

Beautiful babies. Love the photo.

3. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

They are stunning creatures!

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Dom, I agree completely.
    Thanks everyone for all the prayers and good wishes.
    Gollum is doing well, but he's not out of the woods yet. Everything will depend on how well and soon he starts eating!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am sure if anyone can pull him thru its you Andrea!

6. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I love that picture of the 2! It looks like the little brother saying to the big brother, "Look at me, look at me! Can YOU do this?" That never happens at my house ;).

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Too funny, this is how your supposed to look when hanging from your perch!

8. BlackJack

Thanks for the vote of confidence Merlin! I'm doing my best!

Yeah little Gollum sure acted like the pesky little brother! (Garak just tucked his nose as if to say "can someone get this guy AWAY from me?")

9. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

LOL! Continued good luck with the little fella!

10. BlackJack

Gollum shed last night! One perfect (tiny) piece: 36.5 cm
    Here is a new pic of him and another pic as size comparison between Golllum (6g) and his largest sibling (Rom 17.6g)
    Gollum:
    395235928.jpg
    We just have to hope he starts eating soon... He doesn't have many reserves.

Rom has already eaten her first pinky... No problems whatsoever (she's VERY likeyl female!!) You can also see how much brighter her color pigmentation is in comparison to Gollum. (These photos were not manipulated.)
    395235927.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Wow what a difference! I hope he eats soon. :)

12. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, that pictures really does show the size/ color difference of the 2 siblings.
    I'm praying and hoping Gollum will indeed begin eating and put on some weight.. (on a side note,.... is it normal for the tip of Gollum's tail to have that coloring?? and look the way it does?? ..or is that part of the shed skin that hasn't come off entirely??)

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, the size difference is very noticeable, hopefully Gollum will take his pinky and grow up to be a healthy snake like his parents. Sending happy, healthy healing thoughts to Gollum and his siblings! And of course a little prayer for him.

14. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Awwwwwwww what a cutie! I heart him. The difference in color is striking! I wonder if he will brighten up more once he sheds a few more times.

15. BlackJack

Hi Connie
    The tip of the tail in Morelia viridis "Sorong" are very pointy and usually dark and spotted. The babies use this as a lure to attract bait (usually frogs and small lizards.) They sit VERY still and the little tail tip dances around with a life of its own: something like an epileptic worm. This gets attention and when anything comes into range, the baby snaps it up.

Someone should tell the rest of our babies how to use it!!!) ;)

Hi Emily:
    I think he will brighten up and grow, if he eats his pinkies....

16. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

That is so cool.

17. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I didn't realize that the size difference would be so much. Very interested information too Andrea! I have confidence that you will be able to bring him along!

18. reptileden0

reptileden0 Active Member

How is the baby doin? I have had so many breeders bring runts and "pre-mies" to me because they dont have the time. Warmth and time go a long way.

19. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Their eye markings are amazing to me. It's really cool how it forms a cross right on the eyes.

Go Gollum, you can do it!

20. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Thank You for the info....I remember reading that these snakes did that, but I never realized the drastic difference in color until I saw that picture...

BTW, still sending good thoughts and prayers for Gollum..