This Disappears When Logged In

A Prayer for a Snake

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 6, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

To any of you who might have connections to higher powers, I'd like to ask for a little help for the hatchling I'm calling "Gollum".
    I have a feeling he's far too premature to survive, but maybe if enough good thoughts are sent up on his behalf???

395014590.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

*will pray for Gollum* :) :)
    If you will pray that the Green Bay Packers will win today! lmao
    J/K
    I will pray anyway :)

3. peter84jenkins

peter84jenkins Well-Known Member

I must say, that is an awesome picture. Not religious, but I hope that he/she pulls through. You'd be surprised, I had a tiny runt of an eastern diamondback born in 09. He stayed small for a while, but on the bright side he was the most voracious eater out of the litter and quickly put on size.

4. BlackJack

I'm not religious either, but I have no problem praying for football teams. :)

5. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I will absolutely! Poor little thing..I know that animals can be tough..I hope he pulls through! I know someone who hatched a ball python that was only 15 grams! She managed to pull through and catch up with her siblings.. Good luck to your Gollum, he's precious!

6. BlackJack

Lmao!!!

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I think that lots of positive thinking, well wishes and a prayer won't hurt little Gollum! Happy thoughts and vibes being sent your way! Keep smiling:D

8. alicia123

alicia123 Elite Member

Such a cute little one, I really hope the little guy pulls through!

9. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I am absolutely praying for little Gollum! I often pray for my animals. Lucysfriend- I am also prayer for the Packers! They were my father's favorite team, so whenever they are in the "BIG DANCE", and my team (Cowboys-i know, I know) isn't- I pray for the Cheeseheads!

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Will definitely pray for this little guy. (And I am as religious as a Officer can be). He is so sweet precious and lovable. Good Luck and keep us posted.

11. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I'll think good thoughts and prayers for the little guy! :)

12. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Definitely sending positive thoughts and hoping Gollum will pull through...
    On a side note...I truly believe in the saying "for every death there is a birth"....and I just realized that one of our fellow Herp Members just posted that their cat (who was also named Gollum) just passed away.

They talk about their cat in this posthttp://www.herpcenter.com/furry-feathered-fish/32620-cat-mouse.html

Again, I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers for your new little one.

13. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

You and your little guy are definitely in my prayers, do not underestimate the power of prayer itself. I pray for all the animals I work with, even the ones being euthanized (oh so many =-( ) Including their families.

I however do not watcha da footaball, so the packers are on their own. Although I wouldn't mind them winning, just so the entire city of Pittsburgh would stop yelling GO STEELERS! At me where ever I go. ( Yes, sadly I live in the Pittsburgh area)

14. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! He/she is far to adorable to not make it!

15. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Same goes for me.

That is a beautiful baby and I hope it does pull through under your care. Goodluck and I wish you the best!

16. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Dude o:). Too cute, must survive.

17. BlackJack

Gollum has hatched!! :) He's BY FAR the tiniest of the clutch. He only weighs 6 grams. Half of the yolk in the egg was not absorbed, something might have happened to his umbilical cord.

One of the other hatchlings didn't survive, it had a severely deformed spine. So we now have an even dozen hatched and perched, with our little "runt" Gollum rounding off our "family".

Here he is: hopefully his head will grow to accomodate those eyes!!

395026501.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Great news to hear !! So glad they all came out well, except for the one with the spine. :c

Hope your runt lives on to prosper in the future. :)

19. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

That's great news! :)

20. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Gollum's name suits him well! Too cute, I'm sure he'll grow into his eyes!
    Glad to hear he finally came out to join the family, better late then never.
    Sorry to hear that one didn't develop!:(