This Disappears When Logged In

A Nice Frog Species

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by kiwicube, Jul 5, 2010.

1. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

hi all - i am thinking about setting up my old smaller terrarium to hold any type of frog.

the tank size is 30cmx30cmx45cm (made by exo terra) and i plan to house 2 frogs in it or more depending on the size of the species.
    However, i do want my tank to be thick and full of a mix of live and artificial plants for example along with things such as vines. this is whati wish to use :

soil
    3 ground plants (real)
    2 hanging plants (fake)
    2 vines
    water dish
    bit of moss or bark chips (if needed for the species)
    fogger

as you can tell , i am wanting the terrarium to be thick and full of plants so i am looking for a type of frog that lives in these conditions. Also i have kept 5 species of frogs before and at the moment housing some anoles in my main tank.

thank you,

kiwicube

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That's only a 10 gallon tank and there isn't much you can put in there. A pair of american green tree frogs perhaps. (not the australian green tree frog, also known as whites tree frog).

3. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

yeh the thing is , i already once had american green tree frogs and i would like to look at getting some other species so i can learn more about frogs - i was lloking at ghana reed frogs and jsut african reed frogs but they wont suit the style tank i am going for.

4. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

You can do poison dart frogs in that size tank no problem.

5. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

hi , i am tempted to buy a pair of poison dart frogs because of how awesome they look.

However , i thought poison dart frogs required more ground space than height (my tank is 45cm high ). would it still be ok??? or would i have to sell it and buy a tank similar with a longer length???

6. schlegelbagel

Dart frogs will use the upward space as long as you build things on sort of an angle. More solid pieces, like maybe a nice bit of drift wood and some stacked shale, less hanging plants.

however one needs to master breeding fruit flies first, then darts. You could do reed frogs in that size, however i'm not familiar with their care, just that they are small.

7. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

i'll put up a new post about dart frogs inna bit after i done some research - i never had dart frogs before all i know is they are hard to keep and they cost quite a bit but are worth it

8. schlegelbagel

I have heard the opposite, that they are easy to keep once you dial in the setup properly and get the fruit flies under control.

9. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

i know hwo to breed fruitflies and i gunna practice for the future :D i am having sme trouble obtaining some materials and i will post a new thread about it