This Disappears When Logged In

A New "Greenhouse"

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Dogboa, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

To have a snakeroom has been a long time desire of mine and it's finally happening! Karen and I decided to take an upstairs, spare bedroom and make it an environmentally controlled snakeroom. We moved the first group in yesterday and last night was our first cold weather trial ( cold for South Florida that is) as the temps dropped into the mid-40's. The small space heater we had was perfect to keep the snakeroom temps in our normal night drop range of mid-70's.
    I love our acrylic cages, but have to replace the substrate trays every couple years as we have had too keep them in an air conditioned environment. You can see some of the "starring" in the middle cages. Now that the temp of the room is the same as that inside the cages, I will no longer have this problem. Here is a pic of the first group. I'm sure we will do some rearranging once everyone is in the room.

[​IMG]

Craig

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Congrats Craig, now you should have plenty of space...for now :)

Those racks are a lifesaver for setting something like that up, in a few months they'll surround the room.

3. inkman

inkman Elite Member

wow those cages look great, congrats on hte snake room

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I want a reptile room! lol I too like your acrylic cages. I should make a few!

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Congrats Craig!!! Thats one of my dreams to, but i want 2, one for snakes the other for lizards :p. I dont think I am asking for to much do you, lol. How much more do you have to move, cant wait to see the final pics.

6. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Lol, try a few hours as we have 5 more, full racks to put in there.

Craig

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

congrats!! they look great

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I love the acrylic cages...I've made all of mine out of wood or melamine, maybe i'll experiment with acrylic some time.

9. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Ok, second group is in and we did a little rearranging.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Antonella showing the total "stress" of the move! I think she only woke up when I took the pic.

[​IMG]

Craig

10. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

wow beautiful snakes. and i like all the cool cages and stuff in your new snake room too :D

11. mshrmheadcharge

LOL...what beautiful snakes!

12. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

Ok, we moved the next rack in Sunday and did some rearranging. Just two big girls left to move.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Craig

13. venus

venus Founding Member

grrrr Craig, lol... I am so jealous :D...I love it, it looks fantastic...I'm commin to steal a few of them,,with snakes included:p

14. mshrmheadcharge

:D Im with Marsha!

15. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

love those cages i need to learn to build them but have no clue where to start. might sneak over with marsha and grab a few. love the set up of your new snake room i only wish i could do that

16. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

It looks even better =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.