This Disappears When Logged In

A Little Advice

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by baggins, May 28, 2012.

1. baggins

baggins New Member

Hi everyone names baggins and im new to this form i just started a out door pond that im throwing load of tadpoles and water frogs into i guess i wanna know if i put fish in their will they eat my tad's if so no can do i love my frog pond when i get a pic of the biggest frog i got you'll see they are thriving i also wanted to see about some mud skippers for the plantsthat im getting today and around the rock edges it a 3500 gallon pond im putting some pic up now but also will after i get the pants and other frogs im puttin up today yay!!!!!!! Dont mind my lil girls ball in the pic's..oooooops well please help me wirh feed back on the fish and mud skipper and anyother amphibians i could put in,but the winter is cold and the summers are hot ...MD

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I stopped reading your post after I realized I was within the 3rd sentence since there is no punctuation. Many people are not going to take the time to read your posts if you can't take the time to make it legible. I am currently going to correct the title for you. "alil" is not a word. It is written "A Little". Further posts like this will be removed since they violate the rules you agreed to when you joined.

3. biollantefan54

biollantefan54 Elite Member

I don't understand his post at all. All I know is it is about a frog and a pond... :/

4. justor

justor Elite Member

I think putting frogs in there isn't the best idea. What is stopping them from hopping away into the neighborhood where they can get run over by cars or eaten by cats/wild animals? I see no impassible barriers around the pond, and in the first pic it looks like they could easily make their way to your driveway and presumably then the street. It looks nice and all I just dont think it's realistic to assume they will stay there.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I would just use pond plants and if you want a fish, just get a koi! If some other creature decide that it looks like a good home then bonus, but I wouldn't take a native frog/tadpole from its natural habitat and place it in your pond.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You can't just go catch a bunch of stuff and toss it in your pond!
    And to answer the question,...if a fish can get the tadpole, or frog,in its mouth it will eat it.
    And mudskippers are not going to work. They require tropical temperatures and humidity. And they do not live in freshwater. They live in brackish as well as straight seawater.
    You need to seriously rethink your idea. And do some research!

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Baltimore...

You can get some frog tads at Valley View Farms up in Hunt Valley. They are big enough (bullfrogs) so they won't get eaten by your fish. Be sure to add lots of plants so they have hiding spots. Just get a few, don't overpopulate. Depending where you live, your biggest hassle will be raccoons eating the tads, not fish.

Please use punctuation. I only read the first few lines. I got the general idea but don't know if you have anything specific to say.

Think about a turtle or two. That's a huge pond. Once you get it going, if you put a fence around it, you can have a few RES. I know the local turtle rescue could use to unload a few.