This Disappears When Logged In

A Good Gecko Scale

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Frognut, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

What do you guys/gals use to weigh your critters - especially geckos? I would like to get a scale to weigh Gretchen (my Leo) and not spend a fortune.

I've seen some nice digital kitchen ones, but they were $$$$$ - of course maybe I was looking in the wrong places;)

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Walmart....

Or look for a postage scale...

3. Frognut

Ooh - I didn't think of a postage scale. Good idea.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I had a nice postal scale, and it worked marvelously on all my snakes when they were small, and my dragon to monitor her weight gain. Now I need to upgrade to a baby scale for my snakes (boas and pythons.)

A lot of postal scales are "outdated" having postage marked on them from previous prices. Ours had postage marked at 11 cents/oz. I don't think I was alive when stamps were that cheap. But you don't need to know how much it would cost to mail your lizard, so you might get a deal on an old one if you can find one, (then again, maybe not. They may have a value as antiques? who knows.)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Try staples. They have postal scales. :)

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Walmart, thats where I got mine for 20 bucks. Works up to 5000 or 2500 grams. I forget.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Digital food scale would probably work as well. That's what I use for my baby monitors. They weigh 4-5 grams at birth.

8. Frognut

If my Gecko gets THAT big, I'm in trouble!!!!:p

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Holy smokes, that's tiny! what kind of monitor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.