This Disappears When Logged In

A Few Pics of My Tarantulas

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by BrianS, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

All of the ones mentioned would be good beginner tarantulas. As far as books, There are 2 that I would recommend. The Tarantula Keeper's Guide (known as the bible to tarantula people) and Tarantulas and Other Arachnids: A Pet Owner's Manual which is one of the Baron's series of books.
    I hope to covert all of you to the tarantula and scorpion cause lol :D

2. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

Well it worked now that I know what books to pick up I will definatly be getting a couple. People already say my house is a zoo wait til they hear this. I was thinking about getting one from Swift Inveratbrets have you delt with these people before?? If not heres the link www.swiftinverts.com. I want spiderlings to start with. Is this a good choice or a bad one. What would you recommend???

3. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Here are some spiderling pics from my archives

Ceratogyrus marshalli (Straight Horned Baboon)
    [​IMG]

Greenbottle Blue
    [​IMG]

Poecilatheria regalis (Indian Ornamental) It was itty bitty in this pic lol :D
    [​IMG]

4. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I have ordered several times from Swift's and yes he is good. You will always get a freebie with him. I think spiderlings are just fine to start out with.
    Oh, about 1/2 of the ones in the pictures came from Swift's ;)

5. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Brian, a little off topic, but do you ever have any mold happen in any of your substrates, especially peat?

6. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I used to but I was keeping it too damp. I keep all my adults on bone dry peat now. I do keep small spiderlings a little more moist but I also provide enuff ventilation so that it will dry out between mistings. I also use a water dropper for spiderlings and will put 2-3 drops on their web especially after a molt because they will be dehydrated.. Adults only need a wide and shallow water dish IMO.

7. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

OK, WHO TOLD HER!!! :mad:

8. Michelle

Michelle Member

Looks like you got caught Dom!!!

9. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Naw, I'll hide it on the vaccuum cleaner. She'll never find it there. :D

10. eper-ani

eper-ani Elite Member

All those t's you listed are very nice and can well be beginner t's. the avic. metallica are one of my favorite pinktoe species and the sling i have just molted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.