This Disappears When Logged In

A Bad Problem with My Chinese Water Dragon

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Dude4life247, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Ok, Im going to try and make a appointment for him.

Yeah fire you got a got a good point.

my lizard is awake now, Im gonne see if hes any better.

2. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Ok I made it. Its tomorrow at 10:00.

I hope everything goes well.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

good luck. Be sure to discuss with your new vet all your husbandry and set up so maybe they can pinpoint a problem and get you a treatment schedule.

4. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Yeah ok they said they are reptile certified. Like I said thank ou all very much. Without you telling me this my lizard would of died.

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

glad we could be here for ya. Hope things go well and you get the help your lizard needs.

6. ThePHX

ThePHX Elite Member

One of my CWD's wouldnt open her eyes for around a week, then i took her to the vet, he gave me baytril injections, and within a day or two she had both eyes opened. When it doubt just go to the vet :)

7. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

There really are too many things that these symptoms could appear to be to know without it being checked by a professional, it could be a calcium defincincy, it could be too much UVB exposure (with the screen lid i doubt this one) it could be parasites, so on and so forth. Its good to hear your taking him to a good vet, there the ones who will be able to help him.

8. ThePHX

ThePHX Elite Member

Dont forget infection, my CWD had an infection, which is why the vet gave me antibiotics for her

9. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

My lizard is staying at the vet for 3 days. Yhey said its preet serious. It cost me 225.00 dollors but its worth it. Hes gonna get three injections. One cal. two V A, three I for got. They are gonna see if hes got perisites. They are also force feading him and putting him on fluid.

He should be good after that but if I wouldet of took him she said he would die.

10. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Its good to hear he's getting treatment, andf from the sounds of it, should be turning around.

11. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Well hopefully you get what you pay for. Since he's at the vet right now it might be a good time to clean and sterilize the entire cage just incase he did have a parasite.

12. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Yeah he should be fine.

13. schlegelbagel

I commend you for taking good action. Your little dude does too.

14. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Thank you,

They called and said they found parisites.

15. schlegelbagel

The good thing is that's easily treatable with antibiotics! Clean out that tank VERY well. Throw out anything that can't be cleaned with a 1 - 10 bleach/water solution.

16. zetec7

zetec7 Active Member

When our CWD wouldn't eat, we visited a local herp vet, who sold us a bag of powdered food specifically for carnivores (it has directions for dogs, cats, lizards, frogs etc. on the bag) for force-feeding (this is not as brutal as it sounds, it's actually very gentle & effective). You mix a small amount of it with water to form a thin paste, suck it up into a 5cc syringe (no needle, of course), gently pry open the side of his mouth, and slowly squeeze it into his mouth. He will swallow it, and in the case of my CWD, at least, he got to like the taste of it. He made a very rapid recovery on this stuff! Plus it ensures he's getting water, which is critical.

Good luck!!

17. Dude4life247

Dude4life247 Member

Yeah I gotta force feed him and give antibiodics.

18. beefcakemighty

beefcakemighty Elite Member

wow thats small need atleast a 40 gallon breeder tank for now and cover the backwall and sides.... needs a bigger water dish....i use a small litter box for my WDs and also have waterfall with fogger to help keep humidity...also branches and some small plants...UVB LIGHTING IS A MUST and cali dust all food to help as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.