This Disappears When Logged In

9-11 Rememberance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarvenChef, Sep 11, 2014.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

To all those directly affected by that day, my condolences, I will never forget and I remember it all.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Mine as well. Horrible day. Let us never forget.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Add me to that list. Sadly, that day is one of my more vivid memories, and I wasn't even directly involved.

4. Gaaaaaaaaaard

Gaaaaaaaaaard Elite Member

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Let us NEVER forget!

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

People who use this site won't be able to forget because I have it set to display a remembrance ribbon beside the sites logo every Sept. 11th, automatically. I will never be able to forget Sept. 11th because the towers falling sent my family overseas to war. We had boots on the ground before the media ever announced we were at war in Afghanistan. (We already had procured an air base before war was announced.) When I see pictures of the towers and the impacts, I still feel a heavy heart and likely always will.

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The ribbon is beautiful.
    I hope everyone has a peaceful and reflective day.

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Thoughts are with those families who lost loved ones that tragic day. I was 7 months pregnant with my first baby and was terrified that I was going to bring my child into a war zone.
    Rest in Peace you will never be forgotten!

9. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Even though I was born and live in Jamaica in the Caribbean, I clearly and with a cold feeling, remember that day. I was almost directly affected because my brother was over there and was supposed to have been in a meeting in an office in one of those towers. When the news came on we watched in horror as the chaos unfolded before our eyes on TV. I though my brother was gone. As it turned out he had not gone to the meeting after as something s else had come up.

10. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

We where stationed out at Ft Irwin on 9-11 My wife trained the new troops heading over there. I was feeling it as I was involved in the first gulf conflict and my wife had to deal with the second one. Lost many friends to the aftermath but not on that day. I see this day as the start of it all but it really was just another brick in the ongoing conflict, a very heavy one at that.

11. lisas

lisas Elite Member

I'll never forget. I saw the 2nd plane on live TV, and so (inadvertently) did my two 3 year olds. They built lego towers and used another lego to crash into and knock over the towers. It was sad. I spoke to a woman with chronic lung problems / mental health issues from working near the site. I pray for the families tonight.