This Disappears When Logged In

75 Gallon Tank Heating

Discussion in 'Heating' started by SHYCAGO, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHYCAGO

SHYCAGO Active Member

ok guys the heat i think is doing good for now but my humidity is like 30 or 40 i spray in the morning and at night but it goes down so fast. This one is for a nile monitor all he does is dig holes and hide right now. how can i keep it a the humidity a nile needs

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

What is your substrate? You could always add a live plant or two, planted or in a pot. Your monitor might like the cover and it would help with humidity. Is there any way you can post a photo of the enclosure? I might be able to suggest plants better.

3. SHYCAGO

SHYCAGO Active Member

yes i will take one today , its weird i have this substrate i got from petsmart. its like seeds of some sort called repti somthing. but i pull about two inches of top soil over it and its growing in there kinda like grass . the temps are good and there shoud be enough humidity because there kinda growing in there but who knows.

4. SHYCAGO

SHYCAGO Active Member

typing fast again sorry, guys ill take a picture when i get home

5. schlegelbagel

I"m guessing that substrate does nothing to hold in the humidity. Funny that its growing in seeds with the topsoil.

I know nothing about the animal. What is its natural habitat?

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Did you say something about now you have a Nile monitor?
    Also what are you using to measure the temperatures? I'd get an additional reading from another source to make sure it's working properly.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That caught me off guard as well!
    I thought we had been talking about a savanna.

8. schlegelbagel

he was, I think he is talking about a different tank now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.