This Disappears When Logged In

55 Gallon Tank Stand

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by underestm8ed, Feb 14, 2012.

1. underestm8ed

underestm8ed New Member

oki well i need some help with this one i have two red eared sliders both babies. (about 2 1/2 to 3 in in diamter). anyways i have them in a 20 gallon long tank that is running a tetrafuana decrotive waterfall filter with a rock or two for them to play on underwater. I am also using a standard fish compact flourescent light with a 100 watt exo terra basking bulb. but i know sooner or later they will need to be moved to a bigger tank and i would rather do it now then to wait until its almost too late. so i decided i would use a 55 gallon tank for now becuase after i move the turtles to the 55 gallon i was going to use the 20 gallon tank to hold one or two baby bearded dragons becuase i have a friend who has his beardies lay eggs just the other day and he was going to give me one or two. and my uncle has a 75 gallon tank that he is keeping a snake in but he cant give it too me until the snake is gone (snake is sick and will only live for about another year :( so sad) but the turtles would go in there and the beardie or two would take the 55 gallon tank only a couple of problems i have a small room and i already have a 20 gallon long with 2 red eared slider babies and a 20 gallon long with a leapard gecko so i need a stand that can hold both of these 20 gallon long tanks and have a 55 gallon tank on top and this leads to my second problem. i cannot find a stand that either holds all three of the tanks or if i do find one its either too small or i dont feel is going to be safe for multiple tanks to be on becuase there not sturdy enough. so if you can find one send me a link.d please

thanks
    brendon

2. rosi92

rosi92 Subscribed User Premium Member

Two full grown red eared sliders won't fit in a 75 gallon tank, it's too small. If you do decide on a beardie, just get one. They shouldn't be housed together in the first place, and a 55 is too small for 2 full grown beardies, but it should be big enough for one.

3. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

Suggestions.. I buy "Gorilla Racks" at Sams Club for about $100 each.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. underestm8ed

underestm8ed New Member

i know two full grown red eared sliders wont fit in 75 gallon but by the time there that big i will have moved out becuase im only 16 so it would be temporary untill i move out then i would get a 125 or bigger i just dont have that kinda space in my room. as for the bearded dragon its the same situation once the turtles get the 125 or bigger tank the beardie(s) would get the 75 gallon. as for the gorrila racks i think its a good idea only problem is that i have to make sure they look good enough becuase my mom will throw out any furniture that doesnt fit her standards so i dont really have much of a choice so if theres another thing like it but does look more attractive.