This Disappears When Logged In

4X4X2 Reptile Enclosure

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by jdandlucy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I would put at least 3 coats of sealer, Polycrylic by Minwax

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I love the wall of enclosures! I too am building custom enclosures to cover all the wall space of the reptile room...
    How soon are you planning on it being done?

3. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

as finances and wife allow, well more the wife i always have the money. but before i can do any more enclosures i HAVE to build the frame for our king size bed. the head board is done but not the frame.the head board has a 55gal fish tank built in

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Picture? Pretty please?

5. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

it is unfinished( no stain or sealer). needs trim. we got in a dilemma when my sarasa comets spawned and needed the tank the jack dempsys where in. so it had to be set up before i could finish it DSCN0276.jpg DSCN0279.jpg

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Pretty! Are you gonna add a background to the tank?

7. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

yes when i take that tank down to finish it. the jack Dempseys are going to be finding a new home soon. they where givin to me and i cant have anything else in the tank besides the pleco. that tank is going to be redone for africian cichlid.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I really like your pleco. Mine is like half an inch big and does nothing...so I had to get snails for the tank.
    Cichlids are pretty. What do your other fish look like?

9. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

that pleco is only that big from being in the goldfish pond all spring/summer/and in to fall. i got him at 2 inches. i figured he would get eatin by the large sarasa comets in my pond. what ones i have my fish pond a 20 gall planted tank and 3 of the best looking babys from the pond this year.

if you can view my pic albums you can see the small zoo i have going.

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok I will check it out.

11. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

My enclosure is almost complete. waiting for the silicone to cure and be fume free. i have some questions about eco-earth coconut fiber substrate. first recommendations, would you use this in your enclosures. if you do how do you like it? second it says it breaks down waste and absorbs odors. do you find this true? third, what is best to add to support live plants?

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I don't use ecoearth anymore as it lead to eye infections in my CWDs. Sphagnum peat moss has the same consistency and it will allow for plant growth no added chemicals or fertilizers needed. Then to break up feces and things you could add earthworms and other bugs to make it a bio active setup.

13. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

ok here it is all stained DSCN0282.jpg . when the doors are locked you can not even access the enclosure by lifting the doors DSCN0283.jpg . DSCN0285.jpg DSCN0286.jpg

14. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Nice job :)

15. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

today is the day, Lucius get to move in to his new home. what is the bast way to move him in? place his hole tank in the enclosure and let him get used to it, or just put him in??

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Use the old furniture in his new tank so he has some thing a that are familiar to him and then just place him in.

17. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

[video=facebook;4780834751505]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4780834751505&set=vb.1014751851&type=2&theater[/video]

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Is it a video? Or is my phone dumb and not loading photos?

19. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

it is a vid. i am about to load pics

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I may be wrong, but I don't think that you can link to Facebook videos.