This Disappears When Logged In

4 year old male Iguana to good home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by ebarry1, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebarry1

ebarry1 New Member

Hello, I am confiscating a 4 year old male Iguana from someone whom is not taking care of it. The gentleman who owns him exiled the Iguana to the garage after his girlfriend, her son and cat moved in. The Iguana has been in the garage since March. I found out about it due to the fact that they are moving and he was just going to "let it go". At one point it seems the Iguana was tame, but it's doubtful he is now. He comes complete with his tank and set up.

I'm looking for a good home for him with someone who knows about the care of Iguana's and is willing to invest time with him to win his trust. Please only reply if you are really willing to give this animal the love and patience he needs, it may take a while. My understanding is that this is the 2nd home for this lizard and I don't think he deserves to keep being abandoned.

We are located in Illinois near Rockford.

UPDATE: 9/10/07
    We received Godzilla on Saturday. He is a 4 foot 2 inch Mexican Iguana. I have never seen one of these before, their coloring is quite beautiful. He is Orange, Yellow, Black and Green. I'll try to take a picture when I can. Other than being stressed, agressive, dirty, and underweight he is in good condition. We bathed him (I wish we had taken video's of that) and cleaned out/fixed up his cage. I didn't realize that they will spin around like crocodiles do! Anyway, he is eating well and learning to trust. We have found that he does prefer men over women.

Please help me find him a good home. I am reading as much as I can and my local Exotic pet shop is helping, however, I really want to find this poor soul a good home.

Thanks, Erin

2. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I'm sorry to hear about that. I live nowhere close, so I can't take him, but I do hope you find a good place for him. If he's four years old and still living in a glass tank, it doesn't sound like he's grown well. It's probably a good thing that he's getting out of that situation.

3. chappy3021

chappy3021 New Member

Hi my name is josh chapman. He shouldn't be in a glass aquarium. I have built a huge cage and I also have two other iguanas that love to take baths. One is 23 inch and the other is 18 inch so if you would like to send him to where i am through live animal sending, then I'd be happy to take him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.