This Disappears When Logged In

4 Hours, a New Record for ZooMed 100w Bulbs!

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Tired, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tired

Tired Elite Member

So I picked up two ZooMed basking bulbs today from the pet store, I screwed them in, then went out to eat. 4 hours later I come home and the bulb is very dark and is already gone out. I've had a problem with ZooMed bulbs in the past but.. 4 hours?! Really?? & I know it's not my fixure, I have a Fluker's 250ww that works fine.
    I plan on filing a complaint to zoomed. Any one else had these problems?

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I dint recall one going out that fast, but I've had one go out in a week. Other than that they usually work fine for me.

3. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

I've been using the same zoomed 100w basking bulb since the start of December and its still working great. Maybe your luck with those bulbs are the same as my luck with the reptifoggers, at least the bulbs are cheaper lol.

4. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

go to a hardware store and pick up a few halogen bulbs. less wattage, cheaper prices, lasts longer, same result.

5. Tired

Tired Elite Member

Can I get them at home depot?

6. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

In my house no reptile bulb over 40 watts lasts more than a week without a surge protector!

7. Tired

Tired Elite Member

I only have two reptiles currently that need lighting, so I only have 3 fixtures on at any time haha.

8. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

The home depot near me always has halogen bulbs, so you should be able to find them there.

9. diehardislanders

Yes. I picked up a few today. I picked up 75watt equivalent halogens that only use 62 watt. A 75 watt halogen puts off as much if not more heat then 100watt zoo med bulb. I bought a 4 pack for my sav for $18 or so.

10. diehardislanders

Also... while we are on home depot. In the electrical section you can pick up what is called a "Table lamp dimmer." They are $10. It is a dimmer on a plug so you can control your heat pads UTH etc. They handle 150watts.

11. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

I just went thru this also. It lasted one day. turned black. poof all gone. ticked me off. they said it was my lamp. I bought a different style bulb and its doing fine now.

12. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I have been having heat bulb issues as well, even other brands. Not just Zoomed. I sometimes feel I want to throw the bulbs not just in the trash...LOL.