This Disappears When Logged In

2 Snakes Free to Good Home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Flint, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hello All,

I regret to say I must part with my two beautiful snakes... It is due to an unfortunate set of circumstances that were brought to my attention this weekend.

They are completely free, along with their custom built enclosure if you want it. Both are extremely docile snakes, and I have a vet appointment for Friday to assure they have a clean bill of health before I send them to a new home.

First is my 1.5yo male Brazilian Rainbow Boa. He is in perfect health, an excellent feeder with pre-killed or frozen/thawed rodents (you MUST NOT feed him live. I gave him a live fuzzy once in his youth, and he began swallowing before it was dead). He will take mice or rats of appropriate size. His enclosure will house him for his entire life, I built it specifically for him. I have had him for over a year now, and have never heard a hiss, never been snapped at, never even seen an S-Curve in his neck aside from feeding time.

0000081.jpg

Next is my most recent acquisition, a Sunbeam Snake. This snake was purchased just over a week ago, and is wild caught. I will get a fecal sample done before the vet visit so we may treat him for whatever parasites he may be harboring. If you want to take them before any treatment is complete, I will of course pay for additional treatment while in your care. Money is not my concern, I need to know these animals will be properly cared for. This snake is also extremely mellow and calm, however they are reputed to be high-stress snakes so extensive handling is not advised.

1005112x.jpg

The rainbow boa already has his forever cage, and will do fine there. However, the sunbeam is in a temporary tank that is too small for him for much longer. I am offering with these snakes the custom enclosure I built. It has two cage sections, the top one is the Rainbow's, the bottom is in-complete and was intended for a pair of Yellow Ackies. It still needs doors, vents, and heating equipment. It could be completed and used for the Sunbeam, it will require a bit of money and work, and I would be happy to work with you or come to a financial arrangement to get that done.

The cage is 4'Wx2'Dx5'H and on wheels.

0000061.jpg

I will ask that you have some previous experience with snakes before considering taking these two off my hands. Like I said they are free, and I will even help you get the sunbeam properly housed. I don't care what it costs, so long as these snakes do not suffer for my issues.

Please leave me a private message here if you are interested and we can exchange phone numbers.

I am in Riverside California, and I can take the snakes and enclosure to the LA area, San Diego area, etc.. I would not mind anywhere in a 1-2 hour drive radius.

Thank you for reading, I am hoping to get them to a new home this coming weekend (August 21-22).

-Zack

Attached Files:

2. okiron

okiron Elite Member

I'm sorry you're having to rehome them. Hope you find them good homes.

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I am sorry you need to rehome them, I wish I didn't live clear across country, I would take them both in a heartbeat.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I wish we were close too, as I would be happy to take one or both of them.

5. Flint

Flint Elite Member

missabrat and Dragoness, I couldn't ask for better people to take these snakes in. I would do just about anything in my power to get them to you, I know they'd be in the best hands. I'm just not sure I trust myself shipping them. I have never shipped anything, let alone living animals. If you guys think it would be a good idea, and can tell me exactly what to do, I will be more than happy to do it.

Thanks for your support guys, this has certainly not been one of my best weekends...

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Hi Flint, if someone can give you the proper way to ship them, please contact me. I have a wide variety of set-ups available(basement full of empty tanks and handmade enclosures LOL)
    Again, so sorry that you need to rehome them.

7. Flint

Flint Elite Member

I think that would be best then. I'll make a new thread about shipping, thanks missabrat! Knowing they're going to such an amazing owner makes this all so much easier for me.

8. I would love to add your snakes to my collection I have a new empty room I am devoting to my pets :) so much fun I live in Sacramento CA.

Hi In response to your add about your snakes, I would love to take them into my home. :) I live in Sacramento Ca. Are the still available? i am also going to school to be a vet tech, and I enjoy this hobby very much. I will take excellent care of your pets. I have many empty cages just waiting to be filled.

Brittney

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry that you must rehome you snakes! :(

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have a few almost ready projects, one of which would be great for the Sunbeam. Maybe if you just ship the snakes, you could sell the cages to help cover vet costs? since in some cases, housing is not an issue. Just an idea.

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Hey Flint, I am so sorry to hear about you having to rehome your guys. I know how excited you were when you got them. I can think of no-one better to take them than either Missabrat or Dragoness to take them. I would offer to take them, but I just took in 4 more snakes from Florida, so I have no room for any more at this time. Good luck finding homes for them.

12. chibinaja

chibinaja Well-Known Member

I have a room dedicated to my reptiles with everything needed to take care of them. I would love to take in your snakes only downside is I live in Maryland but I have plenty of room and own quite a few snakes.

13. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Well everyone I must apologize :">

Turned out to be a false alarm. You see my snakes are currently at my best friends apartment, and she just had a baby. So her boyfriend and roommate wanted the snakes gone, and understandably so. I asked everyone else I knew, begged and bribed my mom and step-dad, all to no avail. Randomly today during work, my dad texts me saying I can keep them back at his photography studio. That's where the rainbow was at first, but I had to move him since I couldn't be there to mist everyday. But now I work across the street, and I'm there everyday during my lunch breaks lol.

I'm so sorry missabrat and Dragoness, if I am ever in this situation again and I really do need to part with a loved one, I will ask you guys first! Thank you so much for your support and willingness to help without question. If there's ever anything I can do for you guys please don't hesitate to ask!

14. okiron

okiron Elite Member

Glad to hear you're keeping them :)

15. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It's great that everything worked out for you and you can keep them.

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Amazing news! I know if I were in your position, I would feel a huge amount of relief at being able to keep them!

17. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Just had a chance to read this, I am so glad to hear you are able to keep them. :D

18. jesuislepoulpe

jesuislepoulpe New Member

Hey i would love any snake you have to offer, i currently have a 6 1/2 ft albino cornsnake ( suprisingly big for its breed) and im looking for a few good snakes to take care of. Let me know if they are still available by email or phone 408 300 1421 jesuislepoulpe@aim.com
    Thank you soo much for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.

19. Rob

Rob Elite Member

This thread is almost a year old.

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.