This Disappears When Logged In

2 Ginormous Tanks :P

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Wynd, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Now that we've settled into our new house, we found a bunch of things here. Two are big tanks. One is a 93G and the other is 110G (1" Glass all around!). Mum has decided to take the big one for a terrarium (animal-less, lol). So I get the smaller one. It looks like a breeder tank, low and wide and long. It's a big tank, lol! So, my question is, next year I would like to add something to that, and I am wondering what you would recommend. I haven't decided if it will be in the house, or outside in a heated/cooled shed. It's one of those things that will be decided once the spring comes and I get to see how much space there is here (just adopted 5 Parakeets today from a local bird rescue, now we have 19 animals here). Thank you!

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Those tank have got to be heavy! What's the Length, width, height!

3. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

They are indeed!

93G:
    23.5" W x 19" H x 48" L

110G: 18" W x 19.5" H x 72.5" L (this one is a custom made, 1" thick glass and heavy silicon making it one heavy tank!)

4. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

And you just found those tanks?
    I wish I had them lol!
    You could put a beardie in the smaller one!

5. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Blue tongue skink. :)

6. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Yup! Right on the side of the house sheltered by Cedars ;D And I love Beardies :D

Hmm, that is interesting :)

7. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

Maybe a green water dragon. I've heard their pretty cool.

8. psychosis

psychosis Elite Member

or an emerald basilisk lizard i have one and its a buety sorry cant spell beardies woulnd work

9. Flint

Flint Elite Member

You could easily fit all kinds of wonderful animals in there. My vote would be BRB, but I might be a little biased lol. You would definitely need to build a custom lid though, to keep the humidity inside. Most colubrids would fit nicely in there. A ball python of course would be perfect too. I don't have a lot of ideas for lizards that haven't already been mentioned, but I will say that is much too small for a water dragon. A water dragon will need something the size of a fridge lol.

10. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Bearded dragon, blue tongue skink, green tree python (that custom tank is definitely tall enough), kingsnake, milksnake, hognose, rainbow boa... I think if I had those tanks I'd have already filled them several times over!

11. BarelyBreathing

Water dragons and basilisks won't work. They need much larger, arboreal enclosures.

12. psychosis

psychosis Elite Member

same here my turtles may be in it if i had it u coulnd get a musk or mud turtle if it holds water or my favorite of all time a spotted or 2 in there for life

13. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Well, I've been thinking on it (thank you for the suggestions! I love reading on all of the species mentioned :D). Mum just told me my Dad is terrified of snakes, as is my husband. No one wants Tarantulas or anything "creepy". So I am thinking I may end up housing it in the shed (has electricity, needs insulation first). I can breed my own rats, gerbils or mice again (have done so in the past). I don't want any water-dwelling critters, simply after having so many before (CWD, Basiliks, RES, Australian Water Python, etc), I just don't have the funds to have the proper equipment for them. I've had pretty much everything, lol. I'm not sure about the arboreal snakes, since the tank I am using is low and wide. Beardies could work though. The lid would be custom made (solid wood with areas cut for the lights). I would love snakes again, but I'm not sure just yet ;) Hubby is already annoyed at the 5 new additions, lol, so I best not mention anything to him for a few months :p

14. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Haha, so I've decided to go with Beardies ;) Is it possible to keep two in a 93G? There will be a custom lid of course, to keep the heat in, humidity stable and unfiltered UV lights.

15. BarelyBreathing

Bearded dragons should be housed separately.

16. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

True, haha, I forgot :p I may have to build a couple of custom enclosures so I can get a few beardies ;)

17. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I know a wonderful breeder if you want orange Italien leatherbacks! I'm excited to see which beardies you choose!

18. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Depends on where they are, I'm in central BC ;)

19. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh hahaha! They are in Long Beach, CA! I'm thinking that's tooo far lol.

20. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

West Coast Dragons are in Vancouver!
    Also I would check to see when the next reptile expo is nearest you!