This Disappears When Logged In

12"X12"X12" Tank

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by josh94, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh94

josh94 Well-Known Member

Hey I have a spare tank with the measurements stated in the title is there any amphibian I could keep in those pretty small space? Also i would need to be something quite easy to care for because Ive not got too much experience with amphibians except breeding newts , and frogs and keeping a cane toad ... Thanks for reading

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That's only a 7 gallon tank. No, not really. You could have a single fire bellied toad, but they do better in groups.

You could also do a dart frog or two if you built it right, but you wanted something that was easy. Before having dart frogs, you have to master breeding fruit flies.

3. josh94

josh94 Well-Known Member

yeah I thought it was quite small and I wouldnt have a fire bellied on there own :p I was tihnking about getting an aquarium and having some soon hopefully.And yeah 12" are pretty much too small for anything :p I may just use it as a temporary cage for when I clena out my emperor or just give the tank away

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

its a good tank to have, to put critters in when you are cleaning enclosures.

5. josh94

josh94 Well-Known Member

yeah the probelm is you only need to clean an emperor once every 6months haha I know people hve have 1 inch mould groeing in half their tank and the scorps are as happy as ever and prefer the mouldy side ! :p

6. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

You could grow some crickets in there.

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey Josh,
    Is it one of those exo terra tank with the doors in the front, and the screen and light on the top??

Attached Files:

8. hollyelese

hollyelese Member

You could try a few african dwarf frogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.