Reptile Forums | Herp Center - Powered by vBulletin
Advertise Here ^
       
^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    545

    Prolapse

    ok, so my gecko has this like crusty things on like the hemipenal bumbs and i tried to soak him to see if theyd come off but they didnt. im kinda worried about prolapse.
    0.1 Leopard gecko

    0.1 rottwieler/lab puppy (Bailey)

    Rest in peace lucky! I love you and will never forget you!






  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    545

    re: Prolapse

    if possible maybe some picture too to see if im correct?
    0.1 Leopard gecko

    0.1 rottwieler/lab puppy (Bailey)

    Rest in peace lucky! I love you and will never forget you!

  3. #3
    Elite Member purplemuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    2,020

    re: Prolapse

    pictures yeah, then...vet!
    -Kat

    The family:
    1.2.0 Leopard geckos (Bubba, Freckle, Speckle)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Maru)
    0.1.0 Common Boa (Nagini)
    0.1.0 Cockatiel (Bella)
    0.1.1 Pacman Frog (Guacamole, Chimichurri)

  4. #4
    Elite Member murrindindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    10,596

    re: Prolapse

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidtheboyd View Post
    ok, so my gecko has this like crusty things on like the hemipenal bumbs and i tried to soak him to see if theyd come off but they didnt. im kinda worried about prolapse.
    I think they may just be pores, if it were a prolapse you would see it coming out of the vent.

  5. #5
    Elite Member purplemuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    2,020

    re: Prolapse

    Quote Originally Posted by murrindindi View Post
    I think they may just be pores, if it were a prolapse you would see it coming out of the vent.
    Why would there be crusty things on them?

    I get nervous with this, Bobby Jack died when his area down there got weirdly scabbed! It was awful, the day we were taking him to the vet he chewed one of his big boy pieces right off and died!
    -Kat

    The family:
    1.2.0 Leopard geckos (Bubba, Freckle, Speckle)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Maru)
    0.1.0 Common Boa (Nagini)
    0.1.0 Cockatiel (Bella)
    0.1.1 Pacman Frog (Guacamole, Chimichurri)

  6. #6
    Elite Member murrindindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    10,596

    re: Prolapse

    Quote Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
    Why would there be crusty things on them?

    I get nervous with this, Bobby Jack died when his area down there got weirdly scabbed! It was awful, the day we were taking him to the vet he chewed one of his big boy pieces right off and died!
    Until we see pics it`s imposible to be sure, maybe the skin is shedding around that area, but a prolapse comes out of the vent, not on top. I don`t know what the problem was with your animal, so I can`t comment?

  7. #7
    Elite Member purplemuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    2,020

    re: Prolapse

    Quote Originally Posted by murrindindi View Post
    Until we see pics it`s imposible to be sure, maybe the skin is shedding around that area, but a prolapse comes out of the vent, not on top. I don`t know what the problem was with your animal, so I can`t comment?
    Right, I don't think it's a prolapse. Trust me, we don't know what happened with Bobby either, it was very fast and very confusing! Like a nasty infection of some kind.

    It sounds like shedding, I hope it is too! I agree we'd need a picture though
    -Kat

    The family:
    1.2.0 Leopard geckos (Bubba, Freckle, Speckle)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Maru)
    0.1.0 Common Boa (Nagini)
    0.1.0 Cockatiel (Bella)
    0.1.1 Pacman Frog (Guacamole, Chimichurri)

  8. #8
    Administrator Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    31,485
    • My Reptiles

    re: Prolapse

    A prolapse would be more like tissue that extends out of the vent and won't go back in.
    What you are describing sound more like something stuck to the body such as feces from diareaha.
    Merlin,
    What's Life Without A Little Magic!

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    545

    re: Prolapse

    sorry to hear about bobby jack. i tried to take a picture but my camera wont zoom in and stay focused on it. (500 dollar camera...) so i dont know. i soaked him last night and rubbed at it with a damp q tip but it didnt come off. is the vent the thing that looks like a v of pores?
    0.1 Leopard gecko

    0.1 rottwieler/lab puppy (Bailey)

    Rest in peace lucky! I love you and will never forget you!

  10. #10
    Elite Member murrindindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    10,596

    re: Prolapse

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidtheboyd View Post
    sorry to hear about bobby jack. i tried to take a picture but my camera wont zoom in and stay focused on it. (500 dollar camera...) so i dont know. i soaked him last night and rubbed at it with a damp q tip but it didnt come off. is the vent the thing that looks like a v of pores?
    The vent is where the sex organs are located, right where the body ends and the tail begins, (underneath), the bulge you mentioned are the hemipenes, that opening (slit) is the vent. If it were a prolapse you would see something actually coming out of the vent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prolapse Falling Off?
    By tosca1126 in forum Leopard Geckos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Prolapse Freakout Yesterday
    By MamaGwynn in forum Monitors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
  3. Prolapse Scare
    By Orca in forum Leopard Geckos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 05:57 PM
  4. Tomato Frog with Prolapse
    By labelleninirose in forum Amphibian - General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
  5. cloacal prolapse
    By geckoguykc in forum Leopard Geckos
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Powered by Herp Center
Herp Center | Richard Brooks
© 2004 - 2014
All rights reserved.
Online Since 2004

          
All material appearing on this web site is copyright © Herp Center, except where stated, and cannot be reproduced without our express written permission.