Herp Center Reptile Forums
TFH Publications
 
       
^^ The Advertisements above disappear once you log in. Not a member? Register Now, it's free! ^^
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • Reptile Forums 2 Post By iRene
  • Reptile Forums 1 Post By king1239
  • Reptile Forums 1 Post By AjaMichelle

Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

  1. #1
    Registered User Zlitni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denmark, Fyn, Odense
    Posts
    46

    Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Hey, everyone. I just have some few questions... i'm new here and got a pacmanfrog, and about some month I'm gonna have anoles. Actually, two Anolis cristatellus.

    1) Can different types of anoles (for example the green and the brown one) go together?
    2) What if i get a brown male-anole and a green female, would anything happen? (don't want a anole-family)
    3) Someone who have experince with Anolis cristatellus
    3) Can I put two anoles into a 40cm x 40cm x 60cm (l x w x h) like this without being neurotic?

    Greets
    Leonard






  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    110

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Brown anoles are in the same area in the United States as green anoles. The brown anoles are competing with the green anoles and driving them away. I think if you have some together in captivity a brown anole will prevent green anole from eating and basking. It will eventually die. They do not breed together but like I explain they do not cooperate together either.

    That cage should be fine for two as long as they are not both male. I would recommend setting it up and making sure you can get the appropriate temperatures needed by the anoles before getting the anole.
    AjaMichelle and Zlitni like this.

  3. #3
    Registered User Zlitni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denmark, Fyn, Odense
    Posts
    46

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by iRene View Post
    Brown anoles are in the same area in the United States as green anoles. The brown anoles are competing with the green anoles and driving them away. I think if you have some together in captivity a brown anole will prevent green anole from eating and basking. It will eventually die. They do not breed together but like I explain they do not cooperate together either.

    That cage should be fine for two as long as they are not both male. I would recommend setting it up and making sure you can get the appropriate temperatures needed by the anoles before getting the anole.
    Thank you very much! by the way, do you know that Anolis cristatellus are easier or something to have?

  4. #4
    Elite Member king1239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    166

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    You could put a seperater in the middle!
    Zlitni likes this.

  5. #5
    Elite Member AjaMichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,786
    • My Reptiles

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zlitni View Post
    Thank you very much! by the way, do you know that Anolis cristatellus are easier or something to have?
    Cristatellus have the same husbandry requirements as sagrei, and both occupy the same ecological niches in the wild (trunk-ground eco morph). They're very easy to care for, and one of my favorite species.

    You cannot mix species when it comes to anoles. iRene stated this well!

    Quote Originally Posted by king1239 View Post
    You could put a seperater in the middle!
    You can't, unfortunately, because a divider in the middle of the enclosure would disrupt thermoregulation if the tank is set up correctly. It's better to house species in separate enclosures.
    Zlitni likes this.
    Aja



    "Have a science-tastic day."

  6. #6
    Elite Member Qwerty3159's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    395
    • My Reptiles

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Well, Im not sure how I missed this thread...
    It seems all your questions have been answered, Im a bit late lol.
    But when you do complete you setup now that youve got the right info, I'm sure people would love to see pictures!
    I'm was never very creative with my setups... I always like other people's ideas more

  7. #7
    Registered User Zlitni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denmark, Fyn, Odense
    Posts
    46

    Re: Beginner Needs Help (terrarium) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty3159 View Post
    Well, Im not sure how I missed this thread...
    It seems all your questions have been answered, Im a bit late lol.
    But when you do complete you setup now that youve got the right info, I'm sure people would love to see pictures!
    I'm was never very creative with my setups... I always like other people's ideas more
    It would be nice if someone could help me with inspiration about the setup when i have made it... it's gonna take a while before this, but untill that, if somebody in here (even in the anole-section) would like to enjoy my pacmanfrog-terrarium with Froggy, you should welcome to look at it in my photo-album...

Similar Threads

  1. Beginner Chameleons?
    By uniweb2 in forum Chameleons
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
  2. Beginner snakes
    By Airion in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 01:52 AM
  3. Beginner Amphibian?
    By ajvw in forum Amphibian - General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 09:27 AM
  4. beginner snake?
    By charmander in forum Pythons *General*
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 07:49 AM
  5. Beginner turtle
    By Char in forum Turtles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Powered by Herp Center
Herp Center | Richard Brooks
© 2004 - 2014
All rights reserved.
Online Since 2004

          
All material appearing on this web site is copyright © Herp Center, except where stated, and cannot be reproduced without our express written permission.